Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

BnB and BnR In Widescreen? 1360x768

Started by Barcrest, May 13, 2009, 10:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

I saw this post on BYOAC

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=92357.0

Anyone fancy updating the 1024 x 768 skins to 1360 x 768? It would be fairly easy to do but i was thinking it might make sense to take advantage of the slightly extra real estate.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fat-johnny

Quote from: Barcrest on May 13, 2009, 10:47:30 AM
I saw this post on BYOAC

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=92357.0

Anyone fancy updating the 1024 x 768 skins to 1366 x 768? It would be fairly easy to do but i was thinking it might make sense to take advantage of the slightly extra real estate.

Ohhh.....please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please!!!!!!

I would love to have BnB in widescreen, as I run a 22" widescreen monitor.  Honestly, with all of the new "all-in-one" PC's coming out that are widescreen-touchscreens (such as the Asus EEE Top, the MSI one, and that new Acer one) that are around $500, a lot more people will be getting into touchscreens, and maybe looking for apps for their new touchscreens (like the post on BYOAC suggests).  I would love to see E-touch support this.

1366x768 would be a start.  I would personally like a little higher, but beggars cant be choosers.  Even if I run my 22" monitor at 1366x768, it shouldnt be that "blocky".  At least the album covers will be square, and the buttons will be round.......something that is lacking while I am running 1024x768 on a widescreen monitor.

I can pony up a few $$ if that lights a fire under the skin authors?
FJ

Barcrest

Damn a few $$'s would light a fire under me right now LOL

It's 1360 x 768, i am working on BnB right now.

Jukebox Stats...

fat-johnny

Quote from: Barcrest on May 13, 2009, 05:02:56 PM
Damn a few $$'s would light a fire under me right now LOL

Fire sent   ;)

Thanks for the great program, and the tireless ongoing support and countless new ideas.
FJ

fat-johnny

Looks like its 1360 OR 1366.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WXGA

I dont think the few pixels will matter, as long as freebox will stretch/compress it a little.

FJ

Barcrest

Quote from: fat-johnny on May 13, 2009, 05:56:25 PM
Looks like its 1360 OR 1366.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WXGA

I dont think the few pixels will matter, as long as freebox will stretch/compress it a little.

FJ

The pixels matter because 1366 wouldn't go full screen for me as it was invalid resolution. 1360 worked fine...

ALPHA Version....

I have just done the album screen pretty roughly, it looks awsome on my 32" LCD on my dev machine. I will work on this some more tomorrow and get it to a usable standard.

It now has 18 albums on the main screen, i had to hide some of the player controls so i will either shrink them or move things for tomorrows release.

Jukebox Stats...

fat-johnny

Barry,

I hope I will get to try this tonight, but I have volleyball (beer drinking) league until 9PM.

I do have a little concern.  Just a quick search on the net for the two widescreen PC's I have leads me to some concern.  My 22" widescreen max res is  1680x1050.  My 12" laptop widescreen is  1280x800.  You divide both of these (1680/1050  or  1280/800) and you get 1.6.  The screen is 1.6 times wide as it is tall.

For the res you used, you divide 1360/768 and you get 1.770833.  Seems like it's a wider than widescreen.

Did a little snooping around the net, and seems that 1360x786  or 1366x768 are used more for LCD TELEVISIONS, not monitors.  Monitors are more like what I have (1280x800  or  1680x1050).

Do you think this will make a difference?
FJ

Barcrest

You need to right click the desktop and see if you can do that resolution....

If not then then it will not go fullscreen. Try it and let me know

Jukebox Stats...

fat-johnny

Quote from: Barcrest on May 13, 2009, 06:33:46 PM
You need to right click the desktop and see if you can do that resolution....

If not then then it will not go fullscreen. Try it and let me know
OK, my 22" Touchsmart PC has a res of 1360x768 as one of the options.

The result:  drop dead sexy.  The main album screen with 18 albums almost brought a tear to my eye.  Now, once you get the track selection screen done, and the others, it will be super sweet.

Keep going man!!
FJ

Barcrest

Yeah it looks awsome on my dev pc, shame i don't have a widescreen juke lol.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Skin has been updated..

Album Screen Fixed Up Some More
Now Playing Screen DONE
Track Play Options DONE

Re-Download from same link to try it out.

Jukebox Stats...

fat-johnny

Quote from: Barcrest on May 14, 2009, 07:24:57 PM
Skin has been updated..

Album Screen Fixed Up Some More
Now Playing Screen DONE
Track Play Options DONE

Re-Download from same link to try it out.
Album screen looks good.

Now playing looks good, maybe move the vis over to the right about an inch or two.  Looks too cramped, now that we got all this extra real estate!!

Track play options:  I see a bright white bar at the top right of the screen.  Also a faint blue bar at the left, near the bottom.  Actually, its TWO faint blue bars, the same size as the Artist and track name boxes.......just about 2 inches to the left of them.

Looks like good progress.  I think you should attack the album view page next.  Then, it would be usable, and then you could attack the filter pages, years, etc..

Looking good so far!
FJ

Barcrest

Yeah the track listing page will be the next page I will work on so it is usable. I'm hoping to at least get that page done for tonight.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Ok try and download it again i have done;

Track listing DONE
Search Choice DONE
Search Keyboard DONE

Moved the Pin Access and No Seach Found screens to be more centralised. Not much more left to do on this now. Should be complete by the weekend.

Jukebox Stats...

Smidsy

It does look great in widescreen. No way I can get a widescreen monitor in my project though when I get round to starting it. Whenever that will be.

Craig :)