Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Adding a background to an existing skin

Started by More Cowbell, July 11, 2009, 11:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

More Cowbell

I love the black and red skin but want to add a background image. What's the easiest way to do this. I don't plan on creating skins from scratch so I'd like to use some of you guys' vast knowledge. I'm using e5v.12.
Thanks in advance.

eist1

The "easiest" way would be to make your PC wallpaper/background the image you want for the jukebox background, then run E-Touch, go into the Options page then hit the General Settings button, go to the top right and check "Enable Tranparancy" this will make the jukebox transparent (PC background shows through) and you can adjust the amount of transparancy with the slider. There is no easy way to hard code it in the jukebox background as you'd need to re-create the whole album page. Hope that works for you...

More Cowbell

Oooh. Kind of an interesting effect. It works for me because I have kind of a zombie theme going on. Makes them barely visible. Thanks, Eist.

More Cowbell

Oops! Spoke too soon. The transparency feature screws up the videos for me. They stutter in the video but not the audio. I use one monitor so it may have to do with that. No biggie, I can live without the background.

Barcrest

Have you tried updating the codecs, what spec PC is it running on?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

More Cowbell

I updated the codecs just recently (to what I don't know but it runs MP4's now). The computer is only a 1ghz setup so I'm sure it has to do with that. I'll try it again when I have a better computer dedicated to the juke. Good to know it will likely work on a faster system.

Barcrest

Maybe even just a graphics card driver update might sort you out as i assume the transparency doe put a littls strain on the graphics card.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Or more RAM might solve the issue too....

kizer

Updating drivers is a HUGE thing espeically if your running a fresh install of an OS and haven't triple checked to make sure you have the correct drivers for your video card.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)