Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

"My bugs" with 2.2.18

Started by nullus, May 15, 2007, 05:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nullus

Hey Barry,
thanks for responding to my donation within minutes! Incredible! Now that I have my first experiences with the latest private version I'd like to point you to some issues for me:

-You have to delete any old version before installing 2.2.18, otherwise you get an error on old ini files
-Installer is telling me that I'm going to install version 2.1.X although it is 2.2.18 (yeah I know it's just cosmetics  :))
-although "Run Freebox" is checked at the end of the installation it doesn't run. You'll have to start it manually
-when running freebox without having a database created before, you'll get a "run-time error '0' "
-progress bar doesn't show up while creating database (was working with last public release 2.1.13)
-as soon as I want to change to a 1024x768 skin (no matter which one I choose) Freebox crashes with "run-time error '0' " and the classical "send report to microsoft" screen. I noticed that the monitor doesn't change resolution when loading a new skin, it stays at 800x600.
All the above is true for two different computers I tried both running XP with all the latest drivers/SPs/patches for everything.

With regard to this thread you told me that "the config is recoded" as an answer to my question on key-mappings. In fact I don't see any changes in comparision to 2.1.13  ??? How can I do a key-mapping for e.g. exiting Freebox, selecting tracks, and so on :-[ How is everbody dealing with this? Does everybody have a mouse os a spinner in the cabinet? Freebox is an excellent piece of work and is highly appreciated but without the ability to remap any key/function it would be only of very limited use for my cab  :'( :'(
Thanks again for this great proggi!

eist1

You can map shortcut keys in the Options screen/Key Shortcuts. You need to run the program, then go into Options. It looks like all of the mappings are there, other than powering off.

nullus

Quote from: eist1 on May 15, 2007, 05:21:48 PM
You can map shortcut keys in the Options screen/Key Shortcuts. You need to run the program, then go into Options. It looks like all of the mappings are there, other than powering off.
Thanks for your reply. Of course I've seen this option but there are really a few keys missing. How would you for example choose an album when in album view (without having a mouse)? You mentioned it already "Powering off" would also be an essential keystroke to be mapped. I don't see a real chance to navigate without a mouse (and my cab uses a yoystick that is mapped to cursor up,down,left,right instead).

Barcrest

Ok so you want a key mapping for powering off... No problem i will add that. As for selecting an album via keys, i have enabled a kay pad system so you can enter the album number 0132 for example then a track number 04 and then use a key to play now, play next or  add to queue. As for navigating the covers via a joy stick i have not added this but i will have look how easy it would be using the cursor keys.. Lets see what i can come up with tonight.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Ok you can use left and right key mappings to highlight the covers. Then hit a select key to bring up the track listing. I just need to add support to use up/down to highlight the tracks and it should work 100% of a joystick. Don't forget this software was actually written for a touchscreen... I will add this for you as you donated but it is not the best way to use freebox.

If you can test it when i make a release and give me some feedback that would be great.

Jukebox Stats...

nullus

Quote from: Barcrest on May 15, 2007, 07:47:09 PM
Ok you can use left and right key mappings to highlight the covers. Then hit a select key to bring up the track listing. I just need to add support to use up/down to highlight the tracks and it should work 100% of a joystick. Don't forget this software was actually written for a touchscreen... I will add this for you as you donated but it is not the best way to use freebox.

If you can test it when i make a release and give me some feedback that would be great.

Barry, you are my personal hero  :)! Thanks so much for the feature. On the first glance it seems to work but I'll have time to check it extensively not before next week. Will you add a keystroke for the "power off" as well? That would be great.
Two things to mention: The "show entry digits" doesn't work for me. As you can see in the screenshot it only gives me kind of a box in the upper middle but I can't use any number-keys...
The second thing is that there seems to be a little bug in the key-mapping list: "Increase vol." in fact is decrease and vice versa (meaning "CHR 72 - H" will decrease and "CHR 74 - J" will increase).

OK I'm new to Freebox so please let me know if I bother you but what about the skin problem I mentioned before? I'm a bit curious as it happens for me on different PC that Freeebox crashes as soon as I try to use a 1024x768 skin (no matter which one I choose). Anyone else having this problem?
Thanks again,
nullus

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

Barcrest

The 1024 skins need to be updated, the problem is with the skins not with freebox. I am looking at uploading all the updated skins and updating the downloads page for them tonight.

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

What about an option that will automatically update the skins so at least they will run within freebox, even if further manual adjustmenst are necessary ?

Barcrest

Quote from: netcat on May 16, 2007, 02:40:44 PM
What about an option that will automatically update the skins so at least they will run within freebox, even if further manual adjustmenst are necessary ?

To much work.... It's easier if the authors update them as changes occur.

Jukebox Stats...