Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Winamp Visualizations Online Manual

Started by coffee, May 20, 2007, 03:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

If you follow this maual you should get Winamp Visualizations to work with Freebox. Just follow the basic steps.

1 - Fresh install Freebox ( any ver. will do )
2 - Fresh install Winamp 532_full
3 - Download vis_milk_jamie_tweaked.zip and extract it to program   files/Winamp/Plugins  Check forum for URL to download it.
4 - Open Winamp and select "view" from the menu bar. Now select "video" and "visualization" from the drop down menu.
5 - Very important. Select "Switch to Visualizer" just under the menu bar.
6 - Select "options" from the menu bar. Then select "Visualizations -> Select plug-in" from the drop down menu.
7 - Select "Milkdrop 1.04b(Jamie's Tweaked Version)" and click on "configure" at the bottom of the plug-ins window.
8 - At "Common setting" there is 3 sections. Select the "Display adapter setting" from the "Fullscreen settings" section and select you second monitor.
9 - Select "Start Fullscreen" at the bottom of the same window.
10 - Select "Dual head" and configure to your setup.
11 - Select OK when finished and close Winamp.
12 - Now run freebox config, open Freebox and setup options. Don't forget to select " Use Winamp visualizations for audio".
13 - Now close Freebox and restart your computer.

If you open Freebox again your Visualizations will work.
Kizer, you can put this in the manual if you like.

Coffee

netcat

Setting up Freebox to use Winamp Milkdrop Visualizations
Instructions provided by Coffee (Screenshots by Netcat)

1 - Fresh install Freebox ( any ver. will do )
http://www.freeboxjukebox.com

2 - Fresh install Winamp
http://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp535_full_emusic-7plus.exe

3 - Download vis_milk_jamie_tweaked.zip and extract it to program files/Winamp/Plugins Check forum for URL to download it.
http://milkdrop.us/vis_milk_jamie_tweaked.zip

4 - Open Winamp and select "view" from the menu bar. Now select "video" and "visualization" from the drop down menu.

5 - Very important. Select "Switch to Visualizer" just under the menu bar.

6 - Select "options" from the menu bar. Then select "Visualizations -> Select plug-in" from the drop down menu.

7 - Select "Milkdrop 1.04b(Jamie's Tweaked Version)" and click on "configure" at the bottom of the plug-ins window.

8 - At "Common setting" there is 3 sections. Select the "Display adapter setting" from the "Fullscreen settings" section and select you second monitor.
9 - Select "Start Fullscreen" at the bottom of the same window.
10 - Select "Dual head" and configure to your setup.

11 - Select OK when finished and close Winamp.
12 - Now run freebox config, and set up your libraries of music, video & karaoke

13 - Open Freebox and setup options. Don't forget to select " Use Winamp visualizations for audio"
14 - Now close Freebox and restart your computer.

If you open Freebox again your Visualizations will work.
Kizer, you can put this in the manual if you like.

netcat

Coffee if you find this tutorial addecuate please rmove the original post so only the tutorial remains

coffee

Done. Does your visualizations work now?

coffee

Sorry, it's the first topic, I can't remove it otherwise it will remove the whole thread. Barry is the only one who can remove it.

netcat

It works perfectly for secondary monitor.

In my current jukebox however I only have one screen, if I remember correctly there was a way to have this visualization work on the primary within the NOW PLAYING window only ?

I am trying to figure that out as we speak, if you can give me some pointers I can add pertinent information to the guide

Thanks

coffee

Sorry, I am not sure if it is possible. I haven't tried it yet but I will look at it and let you know if I find something.

Barcrest

No, there was never a way to have this working in the now playing window. Sorry...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

ok my bad

Hey Barcrest, can you remove rest of postings from this thread and leave only the tutorial ?

draginit

awsome awsome!!!  it works perfectly now..my juke never looked better! you guys rock,,, and the tutorial was very easy to follow!

-one question tho, when i messed with it before, i remember the visuals would show the title and artist at the first 5 or so seconds of the song, but now it doesnt do that.. anyone know how that might work too, or where in winamp to tell it to do that?
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

netcat

coffee

Hi Draginit

Check out "How to let Visualizations display song title manual" under "Freebox User Guides and FAQ".
Anything els? (Buttering up again.......LOL)  ;D

Coffee

Barcrest

Quote from: draginit on May 20, 2007, 08:08:35 PM
awsome awsome!!!  it works perfectly now..my juke never looked better! you guys rock,,, and the tutorial was very easy to follow!

-one question tho, when i messed with it before, i remember the visuals would show the title and artist at the first 5 or so seconds of the song, but now it doesnt do that.. anyone know how that might work too, or where in winamp to tell it to do that?

This has never worked... Winamp doesn't know what is playing so there is no way to display this information when using it with freebox... Sorry.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

what a bummer..i guess what i saw mustve been because it was playing directly thru winamp at the time............well atleast now im not having a blank screen to look at anymore whilst regular music is playing...very nice!!
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Barcrest

You should post up some piccies of your juke dude, we lost the last lot when the old site went down.

Jukebox Stats...