Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Standard skin buttons, ideas and input.

Started by coffee, October 21, 2009, 08:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzpilot

That was quick work!  The text looks great now around the album art on all cover layouts.

Just a couple other things....
1) The Filter box seems to have a white box shadow off to the bottom and right.  Not sure if it was intentional or not.  It might look a little better without the shadow and to have the box a little bigger so it completely covers the buttons underneath it.
2) The Filter pages seem to have more items than boxes on all three options.  The last column seems to have some doubling up.  (I can post a pic if needed) was corrected by updating E-Touch version
3) I would replace the animated "Now Playing" .gif with something similar to your non-animated "Select A Tune" on the Track Listing Page - it'll look much better with FanArt.
4) On the Play Options screen I liked how you had the "Video Available" button centered to the left of the Artist and Track in your CoffeeShop Skin - it seemed to make it stick out better there.
5) I also think switching the order of the buttons on the Play Options screen would be better for some commercial operators.  Probably just swapping the last two would work - putting "Add To Queue" before "Add To Playlist".  This way the 3 most likely used buttons for this page are always centered.

I think that's enough of my opinions for the day.  Great work!   :beer

jukejohn

love this skin and the 6 cover is my favorite is it possible to do page scrollers
below the covers like ecast style
:beer

coffee

Hi Bz

QuoteThe Filter box seems to have a white box shadow off to the bottom and right.  Not sure if it was intentional or not.  It might look a little better without the shadow and to have the box a little bigger so it completely covers the buttons underneath it.
Wow, I missed that one.
Quote3) I would replace the animated "Now Playing" .gif with something similar to your non-animated "Select A Tune" on the Track Listing Page - it'll look much better with FanArt.
If it is up to me I would scrap all animations but I will look into creating new animations this week.
Quote4) On the Play Options screen I liked how you had the "Video Available" button centered to the left of the Artist and Track in your CoffeeShop Skin - it seemed to make it stick out better there.
Yeap, I liked it better like that too but I have another idea Iwould like to try.
Quote5) I also think switching the order of the buttons on the Play Options screen would be better for some commercial operators.  Probably just swapping the last two would work - putting "Add To Queue" before "Add To Playlist".  This way the 3 most likely used buttons for this page are always centered.
Good thinking there, it's been bugging me to. Witch buttons would you say is most important?

Barcrest

Scrap the animations? Why? I think they help the skin look less static.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Quote from: Barcrest on October 25, 2009, 05:20:29 PM
Maybe scrap was the wrong word. I'm not into animations and it seems I will have to get up to speed with it to replace these ones in the skin and I don't know how they look with fanart cause my fanart is not working yet. I have a lot of work ahead to get my tags and everything els up to date. I'm just a bit frastrated with my tags right now. Seems I will never get it finished.

bzpilot

Quote from: coffee on October 25, 2009, 05:14:16 PM
5) I also think switching the order of the buttons on the Play Options screen would be better for some commercial operators.  Probably just swapping the last two would work - putting "Add To Queue" before "Add To Playlist".  This way the 3 most likely used buttons for this page are always centered.
QuoteGood thinking there, it's been bugging me to. Witch buttons would you say is most important?

Suggested order:
"Download Track", "Play Now", "Add To Queue", "Play Next", "Add To Playlist"

This way the "Add To Queue" is always centered which is probably the most popular and is also probably the only button that would possibly be there by itself.  Then have it surrounded by the next two popular and most likely available options - "Play Now", and "Play Next".  Then surround them with the least used options "Download Track" and "Add To Playlist".  Possibly reorder the buttons on the album page with the same reasoning - maybe swap the postions of the "Filter By" and "Playlist" buttons.  Maybe there are some other opinions on this.

On the Play options screen you might want to increase font size on "Available" on the "Video Available" button and same thing with "Download" on the "Download Track" button.

Barcrest

Quote from: coffee on October 25, 2009, 06:10:08 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on October 25, 2009, 05:20:29 PM
Maybe scrap was the wrong word. I'm not into animations and it seems I will have to get up to speed with it to replace these ones in the skin and I don't know how they look with fanart cause my fanart is not working yet. I have a lot of work ahead to get my tags and everything els up to date. I'm just a bit frastrated with my tags right now. Seems I will never get it finished.

Yeah i now what you mean, i have started on the genres and years by fixing up the ones that were just odd characters first i still have a lot to do but i know it will be worth it in the end.

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Coffee,

Nice job... I was wondering if you could make the Volume Bar look similar to the one on this skin (sloping upward). This might look a little better than the box.

Also, another idea may be to re-add in the up and down arrows to the Top 10 screen and rename the button "Hot Hits: (with the flames) and with the arrows there can be more than 10 songs shown on that screen by using the arrows, hence the Hot Hots.

coffee

Hi Eist

I'll take a look at those. I was thinking of adding "volume" text and maybe sloping the text like in your image?
Hot hits would be cool too. I will add that. Just need to pick up those buttons again. ;)

Barcrest

I loved that skin, shame it never actually made it to release.

Jukebox Stats...

Sparky23

Are there any files available for the skin eist1 just showed? I have a friend of mine's son working on a skin and it's close to that one and I'd like to give him the files so he can take some of the ideas from that and add it to the one he's making. He actually has figured out the skin tool himself!   :o

Barcrest

That was the problem none of us could create the graphics. We had a couple of skins in production but the lack of graphics led to them being canned.

Jukebox Stats...

bzpilot

Noticed that the back button seems to be in different locations on different pages.  Might be worth going back and using the same position for it on all (or as many as possible) pages.

It can be visually distracting when you want to click back multiple times to get to where you want to be and the button moves on you.  For instance when going from:

1) Track Options - Track Listing - Main Album Page
2) Chart Months or Years - Charts - Main Album Page
3) Load Playlist or Save Playlist - Playlist - Main Album Page
4) Search - Search By - Main Album Page  (this one is almost unnoticeable)

There may be a couple other instances but these are the ones I saw.  If it's in the same place on adjacent pages where the user may want to use the "Back" button multiple times in a row then it probably won't be noticeable.  It may be just as easy to put in the same place on all those pages though.

eist1

bluemeanietsi was the one who was creating that skin, so if he is still around he may still have the files for this skin. Might try PMing him

coffee

Hi Everybody

I made some changes to this skin so I decided to post it for you to check it out.

Changes:
-The Filter box had a white box shadow off to the bottom and right. (Fixed)
-Resized the filter box to cover the buttons.
-Completely moved the buttons around in the Play Options screen.
-Fixed a problem with the 12-Cover file.
-Resized some button text.
-Added sloping volume text to volume bar.
-Moved the back button to the same position for each page.
-Complete redo of the Top 10 page. It is now called "Hot Hits". Added page up and down buttons.
-Redo the Top 10 button to say "Hot Hits" and redo the flames. Second "Hot Hits" button added in the
         image file of the skin if somebody wanted a different style.

Still to do:
-Redo all the animations. I have made some progress with this and will hopefully be finished by the weekend.
-Remove the animation from the Now Playing screen for better use of Fanart.
-Add "All albums" genre button in all the filter screens.

Question:
Should I add reflections for the album covers?

Download: 3.5MB
http://www.coinplaysa.com/skins/Black_and_Blue_gif_V5.4_Beta_Final(1024x768).rar

Coffee