Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Attaching coindrop or Bill acceptor to your pc

Started by netcat, February 14, 2007, 04:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

netcat

RIGHT CLICK and Save image to your PC to see full size.

Courtesy of Netcat & www.780tech.com
Questions and comments may be addressed to tony@780tech.com

ScAtMaN

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

Orc

I'd remove the "Opt" from "Optipac" if I were you.....

Might confuzz peeps........

;D

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

Orc

Yep........

Optipac is the trackball/spinner interface....

The I-Pac is the keyboard encoder.....

Barcrest

Nice catch dude, i don't know the difference.. yeah he should change it then.

Jukebox Stats...

Orc

Looking at the diagram in more detail following it the way it is would blow your I-Pac.....

The diagram shows a 12v coin signal being applied....The I-Pac only accepts a 5v....The 12v would blow it...

A diode needs to be inserted into the circuit to drop the coin signal voltage to 5v....

Barcrest

It's not putting 12V into it.. Only the pulese signal and that isn't 12v AFAIK. That is how netcat has wired up his mech and that works.

Jukebox Stats...

Orc

Well if the pulse signal is only 5v that would be ok.....

But maybe add a note that people had better check what voltage their coin signal is.....

If it is 12v then a Zener diode with a 5-5.1v rating and a current rating above a 100mA needs to be added between the coin signal and ground....With the cathode end (Banded end) connected to the coin signal output.....

Just saying this because if peeps have a 12v output and follow the diagram they will blow their I-Pac, which I think would piss them off and probably rebound on Netcat....

netcat

What you talking about WIllis (I-PAC name corrected)

Regarding 12VDC statement

As per my diagram the ONLY lines runing to the I-PAC are GROUND Lines and PULSE SIGNALS, Much like a keyboard keystroke or MOMENTARY PULSE Switch would do

I am injecting NO power whatsoever into the I-pac at any time neither 12VDC nor 5VDC

If I recall correctly power is taked from the keyboard port on the PC (just like with a real keyboard)

Orc

Depends on the coin mech...

The comparable coin mechs I've seen sold overhere throw a 12v signal and are sold with a Zener diode to drop it to 5v....

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/comparablecoinmech.htm

If it's a Mechanical coin mech then it's fine as it only contains a microswitch which is just like any other switch you would connect to an I-Pac....

if it works for you then OK.....I'm just saying if someone follows that diagram and they have a comparable coin mech bought overhere they will blow their I-Pac if they do not connect a diode....

That's all....

netcat

Yes ORC, you are right.

Check the new version of the image, is this better ?