Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New Feature... Revamp.

Started by Barcrest, May 30, 2007, 09:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Attract Mode:
This is going to be replaced and revamped.

What i am looking at doing is adding a calendar where you can specifiy different attract mode picture paths for specific days. Specifiy Different skins for these days, along with a whole heap of other stuff, like different random play libraries for specific days. I am hoping to have this set up so you can have the skin/attract mode/random play songs all themed for holidays like St Patrics Day and Christmas etc. You can also theme it for promotions for your bar on certain days like 70's nights or 80's nights or whatever you want really.

Personally i think this will really set the application apart from the competition as i don't know of any other software offering this level of flexibility. However this is taking a little longer to impliment than i had hoped so please stick in there and hopefully i will get the first version out this week.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

This sounds great; I can tell you have been thinking about this for a while.  You mention about different random play libraries, is this where my request is going to fit in?

I can't wait till my other two projects are done in about two weeks so I have more time to play with this.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

kizer

Oh lord. Now Im going to really have to load those Christmas Albums for my wife. ;)

Sounds pretty darn cool man.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

coffee

I aggree. This is a very nice feature that everybody can use. For an operator this will be heaven 'cause you can have a different look whenever you please and if you use it at home you have no excuse to forget your mother-in-law's berthday......LOL   'cause the juke can remind you with a special skin.
You'll be her hero.         :D

Barcrest

Here is a screenshot of the options screen for the new calendar feature. It is proving quite a challenge as i want to offer as many options as possible. I have put and option under the BETABRITE section to use either betabrite or name sign. I will test that once i have a name sign to test with.....

Also i am adding the option to point to a text file where it will pull ,essages from to display on the name sign or beta brite and there will be an option to specify different ones for calendar events for that too...

I really hope this next version is well recieved.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Quote from: squirrellydw on May 30, 2007, 12:17:00 PM
This sounds great; I can tell you have been thinking about this for a while.  You mention about different random play libraries, is this where my request is going to fit in?

I can't wait till my other two projects are done in about two weeks so I have more time to play with this.

I am currently trying to speak to music IP to get their thech into freebox. If i can then there will be mood based playlists which i think you will like, also support for standard playlists for you as well.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Coffee is the man now

netcat

I am not sure I understand all this means but it sounds like exiting new stuff, and that is always good with me

Barcrest

Righty i have the saving and loading down for the calender functions... Here you can see i set it up to change to the fink diner skin and set the rest of the stuff to christmas just to test the saving and loading. When you click the dates if there is anything for that date it loads up the settings, if there isn't anything it clears them. You have to use the seperate save setting to save the date info and it creates a date file. All i need to do is add a date check and if there is a file for that date then load and impliment those settings and we are good to go on that function, well good for you guys to test it at least.

After this is done i still need to add...

Music IP Mood based playlists
General Playlist Support
Keyboard Shortcut for power off
Key Generator to prevent copying of licence keys

I am pretty sure we should see a release this week.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

I like the music IP playlist idea along with th general playlist, great job.  Make sure you are still paying attention to the little one  :)
Coffee is the man now

juker

How are these features coming?  I REALLY want to see the carousel replaced with playlists. 

Barcrest

Play lists are coming once i get the history coded in. i will be without interent from tonihgt until sunday.

Jukebox Stats...