News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Draginits 1st jukebox project -complete-(re-designing)

Started by draginit, June 14, 2007, 10:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

Wow man. That curved looking creature has given me another idea for my Jukebox. I've been thinking entirely on encaseing everything in my Jukebox. Nothing says I couldn't have some crazy looking stand like that with my speakers and PC in something next to it.

Of course now I need a stand alone case/box for the PC and the speakers.

Anywho back on subject. Thats pretty cool looking man.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Orc

Well that has also given me an idea.....

The complete opposite....Putting everything in a stand like that...

Bit fatter of course.....Maybe a drop down lid to cover the screen and maybe a couple of doors on the front to open up and reveal the speakers.....Maybe flat panel speakers in the doors....

All done in real wood and stained and polished.....

Hmmmmm...

Ideas...ideas.....

Oh and can you tell It has to be GF friendly.....Piece of furniture like....  :'(

draginit

sweet, im glad i could spark inpiration ;D

QuoteAll done in real wood and stained and polished.....
yep, im not real big on the furniture thing, dont own any myself,...(oh yea, a couch n a few appliances) but i understand the girlfriend thing and how they have huge influence on lifestyle. so thats why im choosing to wait for the girl that wants all this stuff in the main room too ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
welp, a quick update...didnt make much progress tho. my job threw me on night shift for this week and its messed up my whole schedule.
-pics--oh and no wise cracks on the apparent bunny ear appearance, the top is still WIP.. haha

security for no reason

the top half is hinged

folded down

angled cuts to ensure smooth operation of folding down. why fold it? i was inspired by my valley cougar dartbaord and for the convience of a future move.

here it shows just how snug and nicely it will look when in the up position

well end of day 3, notice i got the matting on the bottom..should last me a looooong time that way.
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

kizer

I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

kizer

As well can I con you into some measurements? Im doing the cad thing at work, but would love to take some of your measurements and lay it out on the screen and tweak with them. Maybe even print a few things out so I can cut. I have no intentions of stealing your idea, but your design has my wheels really spinning.

Im planning on building a MAME machine some day in the future as well, but I'd really like the two to more or less complement each other. I just have to find a happy medium where they look the same, but not exactly the same because it would be more or less tacky and have that copied look.

Is the lower section with the black on it for their feet? Meaning for people to stand on while they select tunes?

draginit

Quote from: kizer on October 29, 2007, 10:46:53 PM
Where is the speakers and PC going to go?

already made! remember im modifying for blowing up my 7" screen ;D im sending the video to the screen wirelessly so i can set this up on the other side of the room and not have the speakers blasting in your ear whilst choosing music.

QuoteIs the lower section with the black on it for their feet? Meaning for people to stand on while they select tunes?
not exactly, its edge matches the depth of the front of the screen, i know when im leaning over a juke or phone or whatever, i tend to kick whatevers in front of me without noticing. this will save me from getting any damage to the paint. im planning on a bunch of drunk people including myself have wandering feet while choosing their music. make sense?

QuoteAs well can I con you into some measurements? Im doing the cad thing at work, but would love to take some of your measurements and lay it out on the screen and tweak with them. Maybe even print a few things out so I can cut. I have no intentions of stealing your idea, but your design has my wheels really spinning.
measurements..sure, i dont mind sharing. CAD must be nice tho, this is sorta build as i go out of whatever scraps i have laying around :D but its at the perfect hight IMO for the average person so not to break your back or krink your neck to see the screen.im at work for the evening, but sometime tomorow i'll try to throw out some measurments. any in paticular?
-

draginit

my last post reminded me i forgot about the other half. well here it is finished. its waiting to get painted at the same time i paint the podium..hopefully this saturday. i havnt had a chance to turn it on yet and check it out but i'll hopefully start that adventure next week.

Barcrest

Dude, what is the top hinged part for? I thought the podium with the screen in it was all that it was going to be. I'm not sure what you are planning on putting in that top hinged section and i would like to know. Anyway it's all looking like your making progress so hopefully you'll be up and running real soon.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

well not too much progress lately, but i did measure it up. these measurements are true and not rounded up. heres a pic:

right, so the monitor at a 30 degree angle is still very viewable from a distance, but the focus with this is for the current user selecting their music to be comfortable. i never did like vertically mounted screens, they make me feel rushed....but maybe thats the idea in public places??

-crazyorange said to me today why dont i put another monitor in the top half and have videos n such coming from both halves of the juke. there is room for a small one but i thought that is just going too much at this point. i have something else in mind along with probably putting ambient lighting between the two halves to create a green glow above the face of the touchscreen. (hence the small bow in the front top for a group of led's or a smal light fixture if need be. other than that im out of ideas to make this thing look "extremely custom" like mccoys! damn!! but my electrical skills are minimal. i'll stick to woods, fabrics, and metals and just keep on getting by in the electrical world. :P

kremmit

Wow! 

Last time I looked in here, it was still just pics of the green juke.  I'm really liking the new box- that's gonna be sharp, man. 

I've been waffling about what shape I want to do mine in:  Wallmount, Traditional, Bartop, or Podium.  I was leaning towards a podium, as it'll fit in my available space better than any other option- but I'd never seen a podium design that I really liked the look of before.  Now I know it can be done.

draginit

thanks! glad i could inspire.   ;D

here are some quick updates. i finally got a chance to paint the podium and led sign over the weekend. now im just a few days away from hooking it all up.  i'll start with a quick video of the working led installed in the green juke!! (its thru myspace, so i guess there will be limited viewing  :()

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=21987835

ok, pics for those who dont myspace...

It will be nice to finally clean up all the wires and close this thing up! and of course what your looking at is the sign with power but i havnt even turned the CPU on yet. gotta setup the podium first.

heres a quick teaser of the podium, (picture it with yellow t-molding..thats what i ordered)  I'M getting excited cuz im just a few days away from having my jukebox back!!  i have a few more details i need to do to it and secure the monitor in,...and decide if im going wireless or umbilical still, but i'll figure it out soon enough.

crazyorange

That is just great.. really a very nice work of art and entertainment...i should almost give you another fu+..haha....really though very sweet..

**some work we all should look into??**
TN INSIDE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT

Barcrest

I hope to get mine home tomorrow so i can post some pics up of it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

uuugghggh!!!! why cant i just ever be satisfied with a working system....no i gotta tweak my windows and think i can hack n get fancy logons and bootskins n such. well i toasted it... so im going to be fresh installing AGAIN. this sucks. im just venting here and i must resist going further than my knowledge allows...   hey i got some pics just before i crashed it tho. i'll post'em if anyones interested.

-can somone tell me maybe? what happens to the original administrator account on winXP win you create another account as administrator. it just dissappeared and reset all my settings. i know it exists somewhere cuz if i try to name an account administrator it says it already exists......but where?? anyways i know i should get on a pcgeek forum or something, im just venting.

1st pic, got the t-molding and its lookin pretty. i'll be taking video later.

2nd pic,  i cleaned up windows real nice, no labels, got rid of the stupid shortcut arrow, custom start bar, and even changed the default freebox icons :D.  only to crash it by accidently adding another user account with admin capabilities.  damn!!!!!!!!  :'(  ok im better now  ;D

-edit-(the next day)  AHHHH. it took a few hours but ive got a fresh install of windows now and everything else.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

draginit

ugh, my power supply just ate it... :tommy thats what i get for never shutting this thing off i guess. and then i checked here and realized! i never posted any new photos or video of its new potential or location in the new house.  i ordered a new PS and hopefully get it saturday, so im gonna take some photos/video of it in action.