News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Draginit's 2nd JB for a friend (100% complete)

Started by draginit, June 15, 2007, 07:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draginit

I had an empty baby pac man arcade cab that i had no plans to restore and my friend really wanted a jukebox..so i gave him the cab no charge and he took out a personal loan. weve already started ordering the parts. but this cabinet, i feel, is going to be better than mine. and i'll be able to not make the same mistakes i did with my first one....
-the image shows the rough layout, but i'll be incorporating fiberglass inserts for both monitors and fiberglass pods to extend the top speakers out. hidden but accesible keyboard/mouse on front panel,  subwoofer encloser(1 12"woofer).  and so far the color theme chosen is going to be orange and yellow.(already bought the paint)
-were going to try and finish this in the next 3 to 4 weeks, before he leaves for SD, cali.in fact, as im typing this, he's sanding it down right now, haha.
Im going to make him join the forum and donate generously! ;D
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

draginit

just finished all the body work, made the first shelf and cutout for the reciever,(not sure what we want to do with the old coin door hole),. cutoff the excess wood where the old flipper buttons were, and layed up the first coat of primer...
-im keeping step by step progress pics in an album on myspace if anyones interested to see http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=200564474&albumId=567123
-unfortunatly to see them you got to be a member but its easy, you dont even need to make a profile...FYI
-when ordering parts, we found a 20" flat screen for half the price of a 19" with the same features needed,.. its going to be an extremely tight fit, but im going to make it work..!! hopefully we'll paint it up in the next couple of days and parts start arriving soon.

Barcrest

Should i be upset you used a baby pac man machine?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

haha, nah..im sure there might be a few people out there who might be, and believe me im one not to be quick to destroy original cabs, but i saw no reason not to use it,..it had absolutly nothing, no playfield, monitor, any circuit baords....completly empty,..and even tho it looks clean in the photo, this cab was really in bad shape...to restore would cost more than its worth,..so rather than have it sit in my backyard serving no purpose, i found its new purpose!   ;D

draginit

just thought id post an update...just finished all the woodwork and will be disassembling it to prep it for paint. we decided against any fiberglass mods to it due to tight fits on everything and it still came out with a clean look..i actually like the flat panel for the touch screen vs what i had in mind earlier. i have plexi cut to protect the tv screen and give it that finished look..i guess it dosnt look like much here but the the photos tell the whole story..progress photos are here: www.myspace.com/twelveninedy   i'll post another photo in a few days after im finished painting it.
the speaker box was a snug fit and we ported it since its only going to be 1x12" woofer..
i routered the inside edge to give a natural recessed look on the 20" flat screen. i had about a 1/2 inch on each side to spare for it to fit..

Karli

:)

Nice Jukebox, I like it. How long are you work on the box?

Regards

Karli

draginit

DAY 17,...and some minor setbacks..the reciever was shipped damaged and the paint took 2 full days to completly dry.  still gotta tape up the graphics, which i'll do while waiting for the new reciever and finish hooking up the rest of the components.
its gonna get some simple yellow swirls. nothing fancy
just started installing, trying to keep everything as clean and secure as possible.

Barcrest

Too late now but i'm thinking you should have brought this..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Baby-Pac-Man-Populated-Playfield-Pac-Man_W0QQitemZ290139815869QQihZ019QQcategoryZ13718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Some guy on BYOAC paid $700 for his baby pac man and by all accounts it was a bargain at that price.  ;)

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

that playfield would be one hell of a project!! and i would still need the vidiot board and otherre boards,, etc.. all in all it would easily go over 700$ and many hours,..which btw i was half tempted to bid on the complete one but shipping costs would ruin the deal.
-i have no regrets, but this last weekend wore me out!! i havent had a chance to continue on this project,. hopefully i can put some time in it this week.
-i read the posts in byoac, haha sounds like you and chadtower have a bit an opinion difference..
-i saw you mentioned this project, so do i dare show'em what im doing to my cab!! ;D hahaha

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

haha,  chad does have a lot to say,..20000+ posts..dang.....anyways heres some updated photos of the project..im actually gonna put some time on it today and try to wrap things up. i just got to get my friend to buy the t-molding now..

it got crowded up in here real fast!! just got some fine tuning to do and it will look sweet,.... i think.

Barcrest

Damn dude, that has turned out pretty smart man. I like it :D

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Wasn't Baby PacMan a pinbal/arcade combo?

Either way that turned out pretty slick looking.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

jacktucky

draginit

well had to redesign the speaker setup due to unbalanced sound. splitting just one channel and having full range out of the other channel was too off balance...so  now im waiting for the other speaker and crossover in the mail. but heres a pic...                                                                                                                 

two 12" woofers might be a bit much, but its gonna hit insane!