Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

karaoke/dual screen

Started by draginit, July 04, 2007, 07:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

draginit

im going crazy tring to figure this out. im using the karaoke files recently recieved. i know the other screen works fine cuz the audio winamp feature has no problem on the second screen but nothing happens when karaoke is played, however if i disable the 2nd monitor, by unchecking the box, it plays fine in the now playing window. but my touchscreen is only a 7.5",...not cool..im not sure im asking a right question, i just need some direction towards getting it viewed on the 2nd monitor.
-i had it working once in the past, but i havnt a clue now how i got it to work before.....
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

netcat

barcrest is goin to be getting a cpy of those files too pretty soon perhaps with this adition to his library he can give us some advice on how to bettter usE them.

I am curious many people have been inquiring lately abouy how files & mp3 tags are organized, From what I gather cyrrently barry is creating proprietary databases?

what about switching this to some freE sql format ?

Barry ?

draginit

ok, call me crazy netcat, .i decided to organize them by artist....but i found a system that works for me to organize all these karaoke files that shouldnt take me too long...i plan on throwing in a generic image of each artist in their perpective folder and then strongly rely on the labels in freebox for choosing.   but what im finding is as im organizing i get as many as 15 or more repeats of any given song!! now i understand that some might have vocal backup  and others not, also i see some more from chart busters, top hits, or sound choice, like that which causes these repeats. so since im just running this thru my home juke  and i only really need one version of each song, it looks like i'll be cutting these folers in half to try and get just one version of each song in their artist folder.
-im saving tho, all the deleted repeated files in another folder, just in case theres something i dont know about all the files that i should be keeping them.

netcat

just make sure you keep the mp4  and its corresponding CDG in the same folder, I am going to wait a couple of days till BArry reviews the collection and gives us some feedback

naitab

I used "KJ File Manager" to delete all the duplicate files. But I found out it's very time consuming to organizie them to respective artist folders. You said you found a system that works for you. Could you give us more info?

I also have the same question as yours about karaoe/dual screen. I tried eJukebox, it works on 2nd screen because it use Winamp, but I dont like its GUI.

Barcrest

If your videos play on the second monitor then your karaoke files should as well. You need to make sure you have the correct screen ID selected. The winamp plugin thing is different and nothing to do with freebox's dual screen set up.

I was thinking for karaoke of adding an option to run the jukebox in a more karaoke friendly way...

When you pick a karaoke track it asks for a singer name using an on screen keyboard. Then when your song comes up in the queue it displays on the second screen that it is your turn to sing and will just play random tracks from what ever random tracks you have set up until you walk up to the machine where there will be a singer ready button. You click that and then your karaoke song starts up.

What do you guys think?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

that is a great idea!!!  that is a must!..  maybe like a flashing box in a corner of the screen or cenetered so that winamp can still continue in the background until the song actually starts..possible?
--i still dont have videos yet, so i'll mess with that first since i remember how i got those up--

--naitab, you said it, its just time consuming, but i got a week of leave starting today and am very patient ;)  basically due to the #'s in the file names it makes it difficult to do any practical sorting. so im using windows search in my main folder that has all the files. i'll search by artist name. as it shows ALL the files i pick one random version of the song as needed until i see repeats and create a folder of that artist as a subdirectory in my main karaoke folder(exactly like the music) and just extract them there at the same time. Then delete the rest into a designated folder just in case. im nearly finished with my entire list, and suspect i should be finished some time midday tommorow.  also im throwing compilition folders together too, for x-mas songs, artists with less than 3 songs, etc.  i cant see a reason for having more than one version of any song. so, maybe not the most practical solution, but as i said, it works for me. ;D

netcat

im all for it barry lets give it a run.

tomrip

yeah, karaoke is a hard one, because cds dont come per artist, each one is just a collection of songs. there are karaoke db programs that rename your files and such. barry would you like a copy of any of these to see how there db is set up, and maybe use that some way? i cant get videos to play on my tv, but i do have videos and karaoke working on now playing. also one other question. is there a way to just make the song title appear when you click on a cd image? some of my cds have for instance 01. 01 weezer_make baelive_beverly hills.mp3. well when you click on make beleive cd, all you get is weezer on the screen, doesnt show track names cause there is not enough room/

Barcrest

Quote from: tomrip on August 05, 2007, 03:28:18 AM
yeah, karaoke is a hard one, because cds dont come per artist, each one is just a collection of songs. there are karaoke db programs that rename your files and such. barry would you like a copy of any of these to see how there db is set up, and maybe use that some way? i cant get videos to play on my tv, but i do have videos and karaoke working on now playing. also one other question. is there a way to just make the song title appear when you click on a cd image? some of my cds have for instance 01. 01 weezer_make baelive_beverly hills.mp3. well when you click on make beleive cd, all you get is weezer on the screen, doesnt show track names cause there is not enough room/

Are you on about compilation albums? Where the artist is displayed. All you need to do is go into the options screen and put a tick in display song title first on compilations and that whould sort out that issue for you.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...