Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Album Random Play Problem v5.00.33 *NEW*

Started by urbecrisch, March 08, 2010, 01:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

Is there any way in E-touch where I can pick individual albums to play in random mode?  I can pick random based on artists but there are some artists that I only want 1 album to play on random.  For example, if I choose The Beatles, it will play a song from one of the 15 albums or so that I have.  I want the option to pick the album(s) that I want to play randomly.  Can this be added to future E-touch releases?  I have not made the definite switch yet from my other jukebox software to E-touch because of this issue.  Let me know if this is under consideration or if this feature is already available and I'm missing it somewhere.  I also want to add that I am aware I can make playlists and pick individual songs and albums, but I do not want to always have to add the playlists when I run ET and also when the playlist is loaded and I add any songs to the Queue, the newly added songs are added at the end of the Queue.  When random mode is running, any song added to the Queue will override random play until the Queue has been emptied, which is how I would like to operate my Juke.  Let me know if this can be done.  Thanks for all your hard work on this program :)

Barcrest

This can be added, i will look into it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

corus75

to play album randomly. I just have shuffle que each play selected then just select each album i want to play (add entire album to que)
Loud is not loud until the neighbours dare knock on the door!!
(even then you've got a few more hours)

Barcrest

Yes but i think he wants random play to use a selected album when there is no queue.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Thanks for the reply. Barry is correct, I woudl like to have the ability to play selected albums randomly.  Let me know your progress with this.  I'm stoked that it wil be added so I can soon say goodbye to my other software :)

On the same subject, would you be able to add a feature where I can save my random album selections which I can reload?  For example, I can save my random album selections and load them accordingly.  This way I can have different "lists" like when I have a party or if my wife just wants to listen to specific albums randomly.  The other software I'm using has this feature which I use quite often and I have multiple lists for different occassions.  Hope this makes sense.  Thanks again.

Barcrest

Hmmm to be honest it sounds more like you want random play by playlists if you want to save your different selections.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Nope.  I want to be able to randomly play specific albums like I said before, but if possible, have the ability to save those albums like naming it "chris".  Then I could select another group of albums and save it under "poker" for when i have my poker buddies over.  I can have numerous saved lists and load which ever one want.  This request is different than the playlist option.  Am I more clear or am I confusing people more? LOL.

I like to be able to scroll using a drop box like the random artist option to add the albums then having to go to each album and "add to playlist".

Woody

I don't understand the need for this when you could simply build a playlist and arrange your list by albums, artists, or any other criteria. I use Media Jukebox 12 to build my playlists because It is a great tool for tagging and organising media, I like E-Touch as my jukebox player.

Woody 

Barcrest

I don't get why you couldn't save those albums as a playlist using the add all to playlist function. Well i added nothing cause of personal issues, if i do it will be playlist based.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

First off, having the ability to add individual albums to random play using a drop box (like adding artists feature) would save more time than manually going through each album/song and "adding all to play list".

Second the point of using the random feature for me is this:  Right now when I'm using the random feature using specified artists there are no songs in the Queue.  This is good for 2 reasons:

1. I don't have to wait at all for my playlists to load into the Queue.  My juke is a slower CPU and I noticed when I load hundreds of songs from a playlist into the Queue, it takes awhile.  When I have artists selected with random play, there is no wait for songs to load into the Queue.

2. When I did load a playlist with hundreds of songs into the Queue, each time I wanted to add another song, the song was placed at the end of the Queue which meant I couldn't hear the song next.

A good example of how this feature would be beneficial:

My wife and I entertain often.  I like to be able to have my juke music playing specific albums.  When a friend wants to play a specific song, they go to the juke and place it in the Queue.  This means their song will play next.  When that song is over and the Queue is empty, the juke will continue to play the random albums I have chosen from before.  If there are multiple songs in the Queue, the juke will play them in order and when the Queue is empty it goes back to my specified albums randomly.

For me, and about 5 other friends who have touchscreen jukes, this is a great feature.  I have over 1500 albums in my juke so I can have a good variety for people when I entertain.  My current juke program allows this feature which to me right now, takes priority over all other features I'm looking for in a juke.

Not sure how difficult this would be since I'm far from being a program developer, but I thought since there is already an option for random artist playback, individual album playback random would be a definite bonus, and for me, it would mean I can "dump" my other software :)

Barcrest

If the play list was used for random play though not loaded into the queue it would do exactly what you want. As for the time taken to create the playlists, that is negligable as once they are created and saved you could use them again and again.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Quote from: Barcrest on March 09, 2010, 08:45:49 AM
If the play list was used for random play though not loaded into the queue it would do exactly what you want. As for the time taken to create the playlists, that is negligable as once they are created and saved you could use them again and again.

So how do I set up the playlists so it plays on random but does not show up in the Queue?

Barcrest

Quote from: urbecrisch on March 09, 2010, 12:32:02 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on March 09, 2010, 08:45:49 AM

So how do I set up the playlists so it plays on random but does not show up in the Queue?

It is an option I will add to the next release. You will be able to chose a playlist to use for your random play.

Not sure if it should pick songs at random from the playlist or just loop the playlist, i have not worked that out yet.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Ahh. I see.  Yeah, I guess that's what I'm looking for.  Sorry for the confusion before but it seems that if I could pick a playlist from the random screen that would do the trick although for me it would be important to have the playlist randomly play songs and not just loop the tracks.  This means there would not be any songs actually placed into the Queue, right?

Barcrest

Correct they wouldn't be placed in the queue at all, I will look at getting this in a beta tonight.

Jukebox Stats...