Started by kizer, February 20, 2007, 06:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrellydw

I will work on it.  Should have it done by Saturday
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

kizer

Yeah.

Currently I'm providing the Online Manual.
Mirror or whatever on the public release.
Mirror or whatever on the skins as well.

I'll do some screen shots for the skins for preview too.

Barcrest do what you need to do to advertise the skins when ever your up to it.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

kizer

I did some more tinkering with the layout of the Manual using some style sheets. Nothing fancy just some tinkering.

I'd like to start working on the skins next. Maybe do up a separate section or keep it in the same area as the online manual.

Also I would like to start posting some screen shots of the skins coming soon.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Dude that looks the bomb now... I really like it. I will try and create a basic manual for the skintool and send it across to you so you can get something up. I will also fix all the skins up tonight and upload them to your site again, they will all be compatible with 2.1.18 which i am also hoping to release tonight although last nights test of the speed up of the code has thrown up the old error where it hangs (Doesn't switch to next song) intermitently so i need to fix that before making a release or revert back to the old method and keep working on it for 2.1.19

Either way 2.1.18 will be out tonight with some newer stuff in and some bug fixes.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Thanks.

Does anybody have any requests or wishes for the Manual?

Todo list:
- I still would like to get into more detail with each section explaining what each check box does.
- Skin screen shots
- Often asked questions
- System requirements. OS requirements basically.
- Make the manual downloadable unless of course Barcrest doesn't want it.
- Add jump links so any user on the forum can point to any section of the manual to aid others.

draginit

hows this going? any future updates we can expect?   it would be cool to see a walkthru/write-up on some of the new features..  especially the new web stuff(how to set it up,etc).. i would like change my sig and be cool too ;) , with the ease of a manual...

-btw, i think whats already available is excellent!
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

kizer

Dragnit,

Yes I agree. I was just talking with Barcrest a few days ago about it. He expressed his concern and said he knows that hes made some changes that will require tons of new screen shots and cut me some slack, but asked that I give it a go.

I promised him I would start working on it again and would do my best to address every checkbox and blank on the screen. I think it would be a good idea as well so new people to the app could figure out whats going on. ;)

Long story short I planned on at least getting the newest version up and Im guessing the only way to do it would be to showcase the Private Release since honestly all the "Bells and Whistles" are in the private releases opposed to the last public release. Of course you have to be a donating member to really get the benifit.

Ok, for adding your last tune in your Signature I'll make sure I put something together. Since its been requested.

draginit

kizer,
i dont mean to bug cuz i know we are all busy, but have you had a chance to work on this any? thanks
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

kizer

Dragnit,

Sorry I've been slammed. However last night I was actually tinkering with the Config stuff last night. I know you want the webstuff working. So let me give it a crack tonight I'll get something up for you. I had this grand idea of doing a bunch of work and releaseing it all at once, but when I look at it its well not going to happen. So I'll tackle the web stuff for you first and move on from there.

mfacer

just a quick note: when I visit the online manual, my AVG scanner picks up a threat.

"freeboxjukebox.htm"

Virus Identified HTML / Framer.Z

not sure if you're aware of it??

Barcrest

I think there may be a virus on that page, kizer can you check this out dude.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Hmm, I Just tried every URL in the manual and the only thing I found wrong was the Download URL. I couldn't even find a URL you posted up above. Can you PM me the entire URL so I can check it?

Cary_B

I got this also, thought it was a false positive.  I will E-Mail a screen cap to show you exactly what it looks like.

kizer

Lame hackers ;)

Its gone and if you find anything else please let me know. I'm making some code changes to the server so it will let me know if there is any attempts to change files, which will result in an imediate email.

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...