Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Online Manual

Started by kizer, February 20, 2007, 06:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

I've begun to tinker with the Manual and placed it online. Its a work in a progress and any screen shots or input is always welcome. I'd like to add any questions with answers to it as we grow so others can learn from what others ask.

The URL is in my signature for now and my plan is to make changes with review from Barcrest.
http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Personally i think you should use frames with the contents down the left hand side. So people can click the contents to jump to what they are looking for but so far so good dude.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Barcrest. Keep in mind Im using exactly what you've done so far. ;)

I was thinking frames would be the way to do it as well. I'd like to make new Screen shots that are a little bigger and easier to see and lay out the text with the pictures a little differently.

Seperate each section so its not one large run down the page of text and images. Its a work in progress so its going to be a long process. Well hopefully not to long, but anywho.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Cool, i will leave you with it and see what you come up with.... The images need updating as some of thoose options screens have updated.  ;)

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Welp tinkered some tonight.

I know each page has its own issues like the titles are different sizes and fonts. I just realized it after I uploaded it. hahaha. I'll get it all fixed up real soon.

Made some new screen shots.
Made the manual frame like.
Changed the layout just a little, but not really happy with it as of yet.
Screen shots are just a little bigger than the original, but are clickable for a larger image.

Its still in progress. ;)

Barcrest

Looking very nice dude. The quick start is spot on... I see what you are saying about the fonts, but it's really looking good dude.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Thanks.
I'm like you Barcrest. Once I start a project I can't leave it alone. Always tinkering. I've always released rough drafts to get the point out and tinker, tinker, tinker. ;)

I hope you don't mind, but later I might end up flooding the board asking tons of questions. Most of them for clarification on things and simply becasue I don't understand which will benifit the board and the Manual. I'm sure some might be obvious and well some maybe not.

Barcrest

I Just noticed the screenshots of the config are the old one without the import tools... You might want to update thoose. It's all coming together any questions just ask away. I am hoping to get a fair bit of coding done tonight, that's the beauty of not having the money to go to the pub, more time spent on freebox.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Hmmm, I'll have to look at that. I'm running 2.1.15 on that machine I took the screens from. However anything is possible. ;)

I've been lacking on updates. I'll get with it soon.

kizer

Uh nevermind. Im slow. I just didn't catch it. I'll get the screen shot up this evening. Go figure. ???

Barcrest

You updated this yet dude? Also did you figure out the import tool?

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Not yet. I was well for a better word slammed over the last few evenings. I'll get the new photos up and do some more tinkering this evening. Im pretty much unable to do anyting at work other than get on the forum now and then.

As for the import tool Ive well not had any luck. I posted that in the database update thread.

As for the updating frequency of the Online Manual it will be "often if not every night". Just lately its been a bit tough. I know cry you a river. ;)

kizer

Updated the Manual some

- New Screen shots
- Added the inport tool
- Added a little demo on the front page of the Jukebox in action

Looks like I have to do it all over again for some screens becasue 2.1.17 argggg. ;)

Barcrest should I make a note on the front page somewhere that the contents might vary between releases due to some being public and private releases? I would like your jargon on that one. ;)

Also I have issues throwing up the Skin Tool, but I have no clue how to use it. If somebody could give me some crude notes and some crude screen shots I can pretty them up with new screen shots and text.

squirrellydw

nice work.  Are you going to host any of the skins, if not I can do it.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

If you can both host them.. i have uploaded them to kizers space i just need to add the links. If you can also host them so we have 2 mirrors it might help out... I'm not sure.

Jukebox Stats...