Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Donations and Whatnot

Started by kizer, August 01, 2007, 09:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

Welp everybody if you haven't noticed over the last few days the site was down due to bandwidth issues. I have personally spoke with Barcrest several times offering up all the space he can use and bandwidth. He has in the past taken a little and I'm sure he will in the future. Here's my problem and I'm just voicing it out loud and I'm hoping it doesn't go on deaf ears.

For this project to continue to grow like is has and I'm sure we all want it to continue to grow with new features and of course we all want it to be bug free. The site needs a bit of assistance now and then. The public version has gone to a private version, which is and I'm sure will continue to be a method of revenue to pay for the site, motivation to keep them programming fingers moving and for the love of god coffee to keep Barcrest awake when he's at work the next day because he's been up all night adding something because he had an idea. I run a separate site doing something totally different, but when a few bucks comes in from all my efforts it's a well deserved feeling knowing that what you bust your butt for is earned.

In short this project is going to continue to grow. Members are going to come and ask for more tech support. They are going to download, download, download and download. I know Barcrest isn't going to ask for much because he's a programmer. They do it because well in simple terms do it because it's a challenge and want to see their creation grow. Personally I'd like to see my wallet grow because I'm greedier than that and so would everybody else if they put forth all the effort.  ;D

Anyways if you've donated 5bucks now and then for the application think about what you paid for and how much effort you've put into it. 5bucks doesn't cut it. You can find other apps that start around 20+ and don't have near the support this app does nor the growth this one does. For those who have not seen the private releases you can nearly expect a new release every other day due to new features and bug testing.

Thanks for reading this. It's not meant as a, you are all a bunch of ungrateful people. It's just meant as a wake up call to some that well don't really contribute much and a give until it hurts request.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

netcat

I'm behind you all the way on this and agree 100%

squirrellydw

You can always use my site, I have two of them and one is not being use at all.  You can use it for whatever you like.  Oh and I have donated way more the $5 about $70 I think and I still don't have the dam thing installed yet, not enough time in the day.  Maybe next weekend I will get to it.  Keep up the great work Barry, I will donate more in the future, count on it
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now