Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Songplayer

Started by Risim, October 07, 2010, 01:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eist1

alemar02,

I just tested the newest version of the DFX Plugin with the latest E-Touch 6 Private Release 6.0.17, and everytime I startup E-Touch the DFX plugin starts up, and when I power off E-Touch (exit to Windows) DFX shuts down, but everytime I re-open E-Touch DFX starts up again, so it is working fine for me. I even powered down the jukebox and restarted it and the DFX plugin was still working fine when opening E-Touch. Not sure what your issue could be. I also running this on Windows 7. Hope this helps.

jukejohn

i have also used dfx with xp and had no problems but with my jukeboxs i set them up
to hybenate when power button is pressed so everything is saved to memory and
when switched on it only takes about 15 seconds to resume with etouch and whatever
you had running before powering down
this is not same as standby this does power of the pc power supply

Barcrest

There must be some issue with that plugin then because i use the cross fader plugin fine. The only thing i can think is to re-enable the WMP plugins at start up.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Hey guys have any of you tried WMPlus it says it will enable plugins automaticly after restart heres a screen shot

http://bmproductions.fixnum.org/index.htm?http://bmproductions.fixnum.org/wmpplus/

You can downloaded here
http://bmproductions.fixnum.org/download/download.php?prog=WMPPlus&file=http://users.skynet.be/tim.debaets/software/WMPPlus-1.1.exe

I've fooled around with it but can't get to that plugin menu shown in the screenshot above. 

Barcrest

All that seems to do is offer an enhanced dialogue for re-enabling the plugins.

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

I'm not having any issues with the DFX plugin getting disabled, as everytime I open E-Touch the DFX program starts up, so I'm not sure where the issue is. Is there something else you'd like me to test? Exactly how are you shutting down E-Touch that is disabling the plugin?

Barcrest

I just installed it here and then i loaded up E-Touch and set it to shutdown the PC when i exit E-Touch. I played a couple of tracks and indeed the plugin worked. Then I shutdown and it shutdown the  PC as it should. I then booted the machine back up and loaded up E-Touch, played a song and the plugin fired up first time. This with what others have posted lead me to believe the issue isn't with E-Touch or the Plugin but the specific setup on this machine.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: eist1 on November 04, 2010, 03:44:55 PM
I'm not having any issues with the DFX plugin getting disabled, as everytime I open E-Touch the DFX program starts up, so I'm not sure where the issue is. Is there something else you'd like me to test? Exactly how are you shutting down E-Touch that is disabling the plugin?
I have e touch in startup folder with plugins activated.  In settings I choose power button to shutdown.  While song is playing I press the power button and computer shutsdown upon reboot dfx is not activated.  I open wmp manually and it gives me the message that plugins where deactivated.
Now if I put the power button to exit to windows and then reboot the dfx stays activated.  Remember I'm a comercial operator and clients will not have access to anything except etouch.  I gonna install everything new on a new computer I build up and see what occurs there. I really apreciate all your help guys.

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on November 04, 2010, 04:49:23 PM
I just installed it here and then i loaded up E-Touch and set it to shutdown the PC when i exit E-Touch. I played a couple of tracks and indeed the plugin worked. Then I shutdown and it shutdown the  PC as it should. I then booted the machine back up and loaded up E-Touch, played a song and the plugin fired up first time. This with what others have posted lead me to believe the issue isn't with E-Touch or the Plugin but the specific setup on this machine.
In a comercial mode how can I shutdown etouch first then shutdown pc?

Risim

Quote from: jukejohn on November 04, 2010, 10:03:48 AM
i have also used dfx with xp and had no problems but with my jukeboxs i set them up
to hybenate when power button is pressed so everything is saved to memory and
when switched on it only takes about 15 seconds to resume with etouch and whatever
you had running before powering down
this is not same as standby this does power of the pc power supply
It may be a stupid question but How do you set that up?

Barcrest

Quote from: alemar02 on November 04, 2010, 06:10:35 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on November 04, 2010, 04:49:23 PM
In a comercial mode how can I shutdown etouch first then shutdown pc?

Well i just used the shutdown PC on exit in E-Touch then when i powered off e-touch it shutdown the PC. In commercial environments they tend to just switch it off at the mains at the end of the night and i have seen that cause problems with all commercial jukeboxes because windows just doesn't like that and you can ultimately get corruption however I cannot get it to crash the plugin.

Are you using XP and media player 11 cause that is what i have.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Well i just used the shutdown PC on exit in E-Touch then when i powered off e-touch it shutdown the PC. In commercial environments they tend to just switch it off at the mains at the end of the night and i have seen that cause problems with all commercial jukeboxes because windows just doesn't like that and you can ultimately get corruption however I cannot get it to crash the plugin.

Are you using XP and media player 11 cause that is what i have.
[/quote]
Yes Barry I have xp wmp 11 but the crash only occurs when you shutdown the computer completely or choosing shut down option in the settings screen.  If I shut down etouch to windows then shut down pc it will not crash.  the only way I see around this for now is to give jukebox two monentary switches for shutdown. One for shuting down pc to windows and another to shutdown windows(pc).

eist1

Well I just tested this again by changing the Option for Power Off to Shutdown (On my Windowws 7 and XP PC with WMP 11), so I hit power off, both PC's shutdown I powered them back on again and...... DFX started up with E-Touch, so this doesn't look to be an E-Touch issue, you will need to look at the OS on your PC's/Jukeboxes. Try re-building a test PC and see if that runs differently. Also I am using the newest version of DFX, so see which version you are running. Hope you can figure it out. BTW, I checked and I am actually running DFX 8.5 as they want an upgrade fee for the new version 9.

Barcrest

Quote from: eist1 on November 05, 2010, 01:58:32 AM
BTW, I checked and I am actually running DFX 8.5 as they want an upgrade fee for the new version 9.
Sneaky programmers and thier upgrade fees  :D

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Thanks eist1 I'll keep you updated I try another comp see if I get the same error hopefully I dont and I can be done with this.