Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Dual Monitor Setup Problems

Started by alarsuel, May 14, 2011, 02:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

alarsuel

Glenn:
My Touchsmart is model iQ770, which doesn't have any standard vga output. These came in later models.

bzpilot:
I have tried using it as monitor 3.  It works for everything else, just not E-Touch.  I can extend my desktop, but E-Touch doesn't recognize the monitor no matter which number I give it.  I can select 1, 2, or 3 for second monitor id, but none of them change anything inside the juke.

coffee:
Thanks for looking into this.  I think you are right that a driver issue is likely.  Very strange that E-Touch doesn't recognize the usb adapter when everything else (at least that I have tried) does.

Glenn:
It seems that link is for nothing happening with the 2nd monitor.  I have the monitor working, just not in E-Touch

bzpilot

Quote from: alarsuel on May 31, 2011, 08:15:41 PM
bzpilot:
I have tried using it as monitor 3.  It works for everything else, just not E-Touch.  I can extend my desktop, but E-Touch doesn't recognize the monitor no matter which number I give it.  I can select 1, 2, or 3 for second monitor id, but none of them change anything inside the juke.

I'm sure you've probably done this but I know every time I setup the monitors in E-Touch after a new install I have to save the settings, then restart E-Touch for the monitor changes to take affect.  I know this is probably not the problem you're having, but just in case you've been trying a whole bunch of different settings and not restarting in between this may help you or someone else.

Barcrest

Try this

Post up a screen shot of what it says.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

alarsuel

Here are the results of the monitor test program.  The results were the same whether or not the program was displayed on the main display or the extended (2nd) display.

The numbers look a little small.  They are:
Virtual Display Width -2464
Virtual Display Height -904
Display Monitor Count -2
All the same? -1

Barcrest

The key is that monitor count 2, so it knows there is a second monitor which is a good thing. I will update this tool later to see if i can get it to display something on the second montior when you click a button, at least we are making progress right?

Jukebox Stats...

alarsuel

Sounds good.  Thanks for your effort on this.  Progress, indeed!

alarsuel

Barcrest

No updates, work has stoppped on this as I have too much other stuff going on to get fixed up first. I will however look at it once I get the other stuff fixed up.

Jukebox Stats...

Thalfura

In Windows

1.   Open Screen Properties

2.   Click on settings Tab

3.   Swap dual screens around making #2 your touchscreen
4.   Set #2 as your primary monitor.
5.   Set #1 as your extension. (video out)
6.           Apply all this.

Now to give you an idea here. When you drag a page to the opposite screen, instead of going through the right of screen you will have to drag through the left of screen.

In Etouch.

Select monitor 1 & 3 should be enabled.

Use monitor 3 and select either Video only or all. I have mine set as all.

I don't know if this will work as you are using USB vid cards but it is worth a try.
If you need to to do up screen shots lemme know and i will.
Good luck.  :beer

Andy

** Forgot to mention that when you have done all these changes don't just restart etouch... restart the entire system.**

alarsuel

Thanks, but still no go.  Barry, any chance to check this out?

Barcrest

Quote from: alarsuel on July 20, 2011, 05:18:29 PM
Thanks, but still no go.  Barry, any chance to check this out?

I notice you are using V6 so it might be an issue with that i'm not sure. I know quite a few of the V7 users are running dual screen ok. I will be making a new V7.0.9 demo soon you can try that and see if it fixes your issues.

Jukebox Stats...

alarsuel

I am eager to try the new version, but I have been using version 7, so that isn't the problem.  You were nice enough to update my account (others, too I believe) from version 6 to 7, so I have definitely been using the most up to date version.

alarsuel

Bumping this back up so Barry can have a look at it again (hopefully)...

Barcrest

In windows where you see the 2 monitors in the display properties make sure the second screen is to the left of the first screen and they are side by side.

Jukebox Stats...