Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Dual Monitor Setup Problems

Started by alarsuel, May 14, 2011, 02:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alarsuel

I have been using the program for a few months now and really enjoy it.  I got karaoke going and want to get it going on my second monitor.  Here is my setup if it helps:

HP touchsmart cpu
32" LCD TV

The cpu only has a funky hp proprietary mini vga out, so I'm using a USB to VGA adapter to run to the tv.  In windows I have the TV as a desktop extension which is working fine.  It is identified as monitor 3 and the main is 1.  I have it directly to the right of the main monitor on display properties and there is a monitor 2 on display properties, but it is grayed out and disabled.  I am able to see the mouse on the tv as well as drag webpages, etc. so I know it is working.

When I get into the Jukebox, I select use 2nd monitor and show visualizations, also I checked the radio button for all as opposed to just videos for the 2nd monitor.  All 3 monitors say they are not enabled.  I have tried all of the drop down possibilities (1,2,3) for 2nd monitor identification.  I tried selecting 3 and saving the settings, then exiting the Juke and restarting... No change.  Then I tried switching to 2 then back to 3... No change.  I think that has exhausted all of the search suggestions I found.  I can't see anything on the 2nd monitor in Freebox.  What am I doing wrong?

coffee

I have run into the exact same problem yesterday.
For some reason E-Touch doesn't recognice the second screen if you use a external usb graphics card.
My second screen works on everything but not on E-Touch.

???

alarsuel

You said you ran into it yesterday.  Did you just try it yesterday or did it work before?  Any ideas why this would be?  I wonder if it is a simple programming fix?

Barcrest

Must be how the second screen is handled in windows when using a USB graphics card, I could see if i can find a way to find the second screen using different code.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

alarsuel

Thanks for checking.  Love the product, but karaoke on the single screen is, let's say, less than ideal.  Unfortunately, there is no way for me to connect other than the usb card.  I can't find a HP mini vga anywhere.  I doubt they make them anymore.

Risim

Hey guys do those external usb video card any good?  Recomend any model? I been wanting to update my jukeboxes to dual screen but the only way possible is with eternal usb card.

alarsuel

I have a StarTech USB to VGA.  It works fine for everything so far except E-Touch.  I think/hope Barry is currently looking into it.

coffee

Quote from: alarsuel on May 14, 2011, 04:18:45 PM
You said you ran into it yesterday.  Did you just try it yesterday or did it work before?  Any ideas why this would be?  I wonder if it is a simple programming fix?
No, it's the first time I've used it. It's a real pitty it doesn't work on E-Touch. In Appearance settings it shows the second monitor is not detected.

alarsuel

Agree, Coffee.  Hopefully Barry can figure it out without too much trouble.

Barcrest

This is one for me to look at for the next betas, if i had one of those graphics cards it would be easier

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Well, I'm looking to buy one of these external usb video card to see if it works.  Because I use mini-itx board on my conversions I dont have much room for anything else.  Hey Barry if you cant get one I'll be willing to buy one and send it to you or something and when you get to work properly you send it back.  I look for one and pm you or vice versa. :beer

coffee

I'm also willing to sent some $$$ for you to buy one for testing.
Just let me know.

Thalfura

This might help you guys out.

in Etouch monitor 3 will be your second screen.

In windows screen properties make sure your 2nd screen is to the left of the primary screen. in essence looking at the screen in windows 2 will be left and 1 will be right. 1 will be your primary (Touchscreen) and 2 will be your video output screen.

I found having them the other way won't allow them to work.

alarsuel

Are you using a usb video adapter?  I think that is the problem (E Touch doesn't jive with them yet).  My USB only allows my 2nd monitor to be #3, if that makes sense.  For example when I go in to properties and identify the monitors, my touchscreen is "1" and my secondary monitor is "3".  Are you suggesting I put the disabled monitor "2" on the left or the usb monitor "3" on the left?

Barcrest

I have seen a few on ebay, anyone want to ship me one and i'll have a play. They seem to be a lot different in price, some are really cheap. I assume these work with XP ok?

Jukebox Stats...