Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

non-album albums showing?

Started by modessitt, May 17, 2011, 08:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

modessitt

I just updated to 7.008.  Generated my library, and started it up.  I have 3 albums at the front that I don't want there.  Opening the first shows the only "track" as "lastplayed".  Opening the second shows the only track as "fl8".  Opening the third shows the only track as "fl8".  I updated the database to remove missing files, but don't know why I have these.  Didn't see anything obvious in the options about turning them off or removing them, and didn't see anything in my searching here...

modessitt

Okay, I have 4 of these folders now.  I have determined that the 1st two are for Internet Radio (which I'm not using) and the other is for Content.IE5 - whatever that is.  Is there anything I can do to remove these?  I won't be using Internet Radio or the other thing.  I just want it to show the files I have loaded into the database folders...

I'm off to search on the radio stuff to see if I can find anything...

Barcrest

Open up the config in advanced mode and you will see the path to them. Remove them and generate the DB again and you should set.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

modessitt

Thanks for the reply.  Either I'm not seeing how to do this, or it's not working.

Here is how I am generating my database in Audio.  You can see the four blank albums on the right:

Nothing is shown in the Radio section:

Now, as for removing those blank albums, when I select one and click "Remove Album:, I get this:

If I click "OK", then Config closes.

Should I be doing something else?

lockers90

yeah im getting the same. even though my albums are all tagged properly the artist doesnt show for around 10 albums.

ive tried to edit the album but then it doesnt show up etouch with the edited tags. and if i try to remove them i get the same runtime.
Summer On The Beach, Winter In The Mountain
:D

Barcrest

I have just made some fixes to editting an album in the config but the error you guys are seeing seems to be linked to windows 7

Jukebox Stats...

modessitt

Yes, I'm using Windows 7.

Another thing I've noticed is that when I try to edit an album in Config:

If I select an album and click "Edit Album", it almost always opens a different album than the one I selected.  For example, it has Def Leppard's Pyromania album listed as Various Artists, even though the tag says Def Leppard.  When I try to edit it in Config, it opens a Monkees album instead...

modessitt

Quote from: Barcrest on May 21, 2011, 04:20:55 PM
I have just made some fixes to editting an album in the config but the error you guys are seeing seems to be linked to windows 7

Do I need to redownload and install for whatever fixes you just made?  Or will you be posting the new version soon...;

Barcrest

Quote from: modessitt on May 21, 2011, 04:27:23 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on May 21, 2011, 04:20:55 PM

Do I need to redownload and install for whatever fixes you just made?  Or will you be posting the new version soon...;

I just posted up a new beta but it will not fix the windows 7 file path access error. To fix that try running the config in admin mode.

Jukebox Stats...

modessitt

Thanks, I was able to remove those albums running in admin, and can now edit the correct albums titles.  Still have to figure out why some are showing as Various Artists when the tags look identical to other albums by the same artist that are showing up properly.  Plus, I need to figure out how to have a soundtrack listed by the movie name (album title) rather than in the V's for "Various Artists"...

modessitt

Okay, got the new mp3tag software and discovered a couple songs on each artist had the artist name doubled (Def Leppard/Def Leppard) for some reason.  Fixed it, and then changed all the compilations (soundtracks) to list by Album name, and everything is the way it should be.

Thanks for the support...

modessitt

Well, I spoke too soon.  Everything is working right, but for some reason it shows that last album in the list 5 times - all with the same song.  Only shows one in config.  Doesn't matter which album is last, it shows 5 times.

I think i saw this mentioned somewhere here, so I'm going to check to see if a fix was posted...

modessitt

Another issue.  I had it playing on Random, and everything went fine until it stopped playing.  I went to see what was up, and it was attempting to play "fl8" from the album "Content.IE5" even though I removed that album and it is no longer showing on the album lists...

Barcrest

Quote from: modessitt on May 22, 2011, 12:29:24 AM
Another issue.  I had it playing on Random, and everything went fine until it stopped playing.  I went to see what was up, and it was attempting to play "fl8" from the album "Content.IE5" even though I removed that album and it is no longer showing on the album lists...

Is it still in the genre or artist file?

Jukebox Stats...

modessitt

Um - I don't know?  I assumed that if it wasn't in an album listed in my database, then it couldn't be played...