Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

BetaBrite

Started by gfly3, August 23, 2011, 08:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Ah yes as dragnit said...

Open up control panel in windows and select SYSTEM

Then select the HARDWARE tab and launch DEVICE MANAGER.

Expand the part that says PORTS (COM & LPT)

Right click the COM port to and select PROPERTIES.

Then click on the PORT SETTINGS tab

Then click ADVANCED and check what com port it is set to there. You can also check your settings match the defaults in E-Touch.

NOTE:
My driver version is listed as 5.1.2600.0
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

gfly3

Barcrest and draginit i checked those settings and it was set to com 1 in the device manager and my driver numbers matched yours . also im pretty sure i have visual basic 6 runtimes and here is a pic of the other settings

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......

gfly3

does the led sign path setting under attract options have anything to do with this ? and I tried all 4 ports in the dropdown and still cannot get it goin.. I would really like to thanks you guys for helping me , I just finished up my juke cab and this was a top secret feature i didnt tell anyone about ...
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......

draginit

ill have to check my settings after work to confirm but i think i run mine at a different speed.  dont give up,
and i hate to ask but have you made sure the cord is plugged in securely  :P
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

gfly3

draginit the cable is secure , i can send stuff to it with the betabrite software , that would be cool if changing the speed fixes it please let me know what your running .

fordman

I think the Betabrite software that came with it has the com port blocked for exclusive use for the betabrite software.

Try this:

Uninstall the software that came with the Betabrite. Use RevoUnistaller just to make sure it gets all the registry files removed.

Download the file below:

www.fordmanf150.com/utilities/betamsg.exe 35kb download

Select what ever serial port from the menu
Then Reset Display.

If your betabrite does a reset, just like it came out of the box, then all should be good.

Now do a quick message:

Type your message, mode, color:

Then click Send Messages

All should work!

Do not reinstall the software that came with your betabrite as it is only allowing the betabrite to only communicate with it exclusively.

If it works, fire up E-Touch and you should see your song titles along with song facts or whatever you want to be displayed!

Hope this helps,

Fordman

gfly3

Fordman I apologize in earlier post I said betabrite software when I meant betamsg.exe , I don't have the software that came with it . That is what I've been using to send messages to the unit ( the same program in your pictures ) .. I will download the one from your link and give it another try with your suggestion after I get home from work and post my results ..

draginit

ya, def try that software. bcuz when i got home and checked my settings i realized that im using a chinese bigboard... or whatever netcat was selling a few years ago ::)    hence the different speed.  ive had it for so long i just call it an LED and forgot its not the true betabrite lol so im at 2400,n,8,1  but your setting should def be correct for the betabrite..
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

gfly3

Well Fordman as soon as i got home from work I followed your directions step by step,reset the betabrite, made a quick message and sent it to the unit.. Then I fired up E-touch and its still the same , not sending anything to the unit . The unit is still scrolliing the message I sent to it..I just dont understand why it wont work ..  So now im drinking beers and enjoying some tunes which seems to be making me feel much better LOL . 

Any other input or  suggestions are welcomed and I would like to thank you all  for all of your efforts in trying to help me get this thing sorted out, very much appreciated ! 
And here is a pic of the message i sent .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Barcrest

I used to have that model of monitor you have there, mine was badged up dell. Just thought I would share that with you.

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

Its obivious that the computer itself is communicating with the betabrite. So, maybe turn on/off/on the led sign tick box. save settings. Turn off E-Touch. Restart computer. Load Etouch and check to see if your setting is saved. If so, then play a song. Your song info should goto the betabrite. Unless, your mp3 tagging isnt correct. IS your mp3's tagged correct or are you just reading the mp3 file name to use for your song listing? I believe that the betabrite info is pulled from the mp3 - ID3 tag.

Just guessing,

Fordman

gfly3

Quote from: Barcrest on August 26, 2011, 07:29:11 AM
I used to have that model of monitor you have there, mine was badged up dell. Just thought I would share that with you.

Yeah its an oldie but a goodie , keep it around just in case . lol

gfly3

Quote from: fordman on August 26, 2011, 02:55:00 PM
Its obivious that the computer itself is communicating with the betabrite. So, maybe turn on/off/on the led sign tick box. save settings. Turn off E-Touch. Restart computer. Load Etouch and check to see if your setting is saved. If so, then play a song. Your song info should goto the betabrite. Unless, your mp3 tagging isnt correct. IS your mp3's tagged correct or are you just reading the mp3 file name to use for your song listing? I believe that the betabrite info is pulled from the mp3 - ID3 tag.

Just guessing,

Fordman

My mp3s are tagged correctly ,I even have the checkbox for use filename if no tag found unchecked and the files all display correctly .
This is an older betabrite , the date on the eprom says 1995 , maybe it just takes differant settings or etouch just cannot communicate with it . its just if that betamsg.exe can communicate with it im sure etouch can ,I just dont know what else to try . But thank you for your help and if ya think of anything else , please let me know

Barcrest

I am in the pub now but you might want to see what ocx vb uses for com communication and see if there is a newer version. also check your sign model supports the settings i have as default and that it supports.

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Also may want to try and type something in the large whie box in the LED Settings, this should be the message shown when a song isn't playing. If that message shows, that might narrow down the issue of the track info not being sent. Also, in the past, each time I made a change to the LED settings, I saved, then closed E-Touch and re-opened it and it worked. Might want to try that.