Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

BetaBrite

Started by gfly3, August 23, 2011, 08:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfly3

Quote from: Barcrest on August 26, 2011, 08:02:45 PM
I am in the pub now but you might want to see what ocx vb uses for com communication and see if there is a newer version. also check your sign model supports the settings i have as default and that it supports.

Ok the sign is model number 1040-4402 EZII. Is the EZII the programming protocal ? And I dont know what the ocx vb is .. Lol   I think I'm heading to the pub to take a break from all this !! Lol
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......

gfly3

Quote from: eist1 on August 26, 2011, 08:05:01 PM
Also may want to try and type something in the large whie box in the LED Settings, this should be the message shown when a song isn't playing. If that message shows, that might narrow down the issue of the track info not being sent. Also, in the past, each time I made a change to the LED settings, I saved, then closed E-Touch and re-opened it and it worked. Might want to try that.

Thanks eist1 but I have tried all that ..just doesnt want to cooperate . LOL
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......

Barcrest

Well on my way now lol i will make you a test app if that don't work then it is a vb issue.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

gfly3

gfly3

Is a vb issue something that is easily fixed ?

gfly3

Quote from: Barcrest on August 26, 2011, 08:02:45 PM
I am in the pub now but you might want to see what ocx vb uses for com communication and see if there is a newer version. also check your sign model supports the settings i have as default and that it supports.

Barcrest , here is pic of the ocx files I found related to Etouch. I dont know how to tell which one is used for com communication. Is there a way for me to tell ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Barcrest

Mscomm32 i would have thought but you are using the one supplied with etouch anyway so it can't be that.

Jukebox Stats...

gfly3

Quote from: Barcrest on August 31, 2011, 07:57:59 AM
Mscomm32 i would have thought but you are using the one supplied with etouch anyway so it can't be that.

Well back to the drawing board , I was hoping that was gonna help get this problem goin in the right direction lol.  Do you think the betabrite is to old ?

Barcrest

Quote from: gfly3 on August 31, 2011, 11:53:43 AM

Well back to the drawing board , I was hoping that was gonna help get this problem goin in the right direction lol.  Do you think the betabrite is to old ?

I wouldn't have thought it was that. Have you tried it using the big board setting in E-Touch instead of beta brite?

Jukebox Stats...

gfly3

Quote from: Barcrest on August 31, 2011, 01:44:01 PM
Quote from: gfly3 on August 31, 2011, 11:53:43 AM

I wouldn't have thought it was that. Have you tried it using the big board setting in E-Touch instead of beta brite?

Sadly enough  yes ,I tried all the different ones in the dropdown ..even with the slower speed settings for the bigboard and still can't get it goin .

gfly3

Well thanks to ebay I have a newer model betabrite coming to try out, because now i'm obsessed with getting it working .. hopefully it works because I think the wife is gonna kill me. lol.. I'll let ya know how it works out ..

gfly3

Well the Betabrite that I have now was made in 2003 and works perfectly !! It seems the ones manufactured before 1998 don't work with Etouch, they also have a different programming manual than the ones manufactured after 1998. Might be something to keep in mind before buying one from ebay.. Thanks to everyone for trying to help me get this thing going !!!!

Heres a shot of it working .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Barcrest

Cool, glad you are up and runing sorry i could not get the other one workoing

Jukebox Stats...