Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

BetaBrite

Started by gfly3, August 23, 2011, 08:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfly3

How do you get a BetaBrite to display "now playing" info ? I mean just the artist and song title like in the video posted by fordman in his tutorial .. Is that something that has to be done with the Song Fact Builder.exe ? I followed fordmans tutorial and cannot seem to get it working. I even tried checking the box for "display user information" and wrote a few words in there and it doesnt display that either. It just keeps running through its own attract mode. I downloaded  betamsg.exe and i can get it to send messages to the unit , so i at least know i have the right com port selected. I'm running version 7.0.10.
Sorry this is one big clump of confusion. Lol. I just wasnt sure where to begin.

thanks
gfly3
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......

Barcrest

Do you have the right port settings? I no longer have a working sign to test this stuff out but it is still working for others on here. It is probably the port settings that are causing you an issue.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

gfly3

I'm sorry Barcrest by port settings do you mean com port number ? The computer i'm using only has 1 com port and i selected com port 1 in the settings .Here is a picture of my settings... I can send info to the unit with Betamsg.exe on that port number. Do these settings look correct ? Should i try a differant com port number ? The BetaBrite I'm using has 8k of memory if that helps. Here are a couple of pics that i hope can help. Thank you for trying to help me sort this out .  I will post some pics of my completed juke as soon as i get things sorted out.

Does the LED sign Path under attract mode have anything to do with this ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......

Barcrest

Look correct to me you could try adding the check to the contacts box and the commit changes. or try and use a different setting in the drop down.

Jukebox Stats...

gfly3

I'm sorry Barcrest , I don't see a contact checkbox , I will check all the boxes and give it another go . I will be at work for the next ten hours so I will post back after I try . In the mean time if you think of anything else please let me know .

Barcrest

Been in the pub can't think of anything else dude lol

Jukebox Stats...

gfly3

Haha, I can't blame ya there dude ! if I wasn't working , that's where I'd be !  :beer

gfly3

I have uninstalled,deleted the Etouch folder, and reinstalled  and i still cannot get it to work. It just doesnt seem to be sending the information to the unit . Is there something else i could try ? Maybe a different version number that is known to work ? I hate to give up at this point, lol..

Barcrest

Quote from: gfly3 on August 24, 2011, 07:29:35 AM
I have uninstalled,deleted the Etouch folder, and reinstalled  and i still cannot get it to work. It just doesnt seem to be sending the information to the unit . Is there something else i could try ? Maybe a different version number that is known to work ? I hate to give up at this point, lol..

That version does work, dragnit is working with it. Well he's using the current beta but it is based off that and he has never reported it stopping working.

Jukebox Stats...

Sarge

I'm running v7.0.10 and I have no problem with my betabrite.  I'm only throwing guesses out there but have you tried pushing the commit changes button in the options screen after you have everything set.  Good luck!!

gfly3

Thanks for the replys guys , I just cant get it to work .

Barcrest

What version of windows do you have?

Jukebox Stats...

gfly3

I'm running Windows xp sp3, I just don't know why I'm having problems. Its like it is just not sending anything to the betabrite. I can send stuff right to it with betamsg.exe . I don't know what else to try ..

Barcrest

Do you have the latest version of the visual basic runtimes?

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

Have u tried choosing a different com port in setup for the sake of trying. Awhile back when I forgot which port I was using I thougt it didn't work. I use port 3...try all four, if it crashes simply cause its the wrong port and won't let you in freebox, don't panic, delete the betabrite1.ini and it will reset it to default when going back into freebox...you may only have one port but it might register as another..
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy