Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Touch Screen

Started by just_buck, September 19, 2007, 06:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrellydw

I did not see that jukebox, any pics or links??  The reason I am only building a monitor frame is so I can hook it up to my stereo, eventually it will be through out the house
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

I too will use an external sound source but it hink the pc should be in the same box.

See NEW DIGITAL JUKEBOXES
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robinsonsjukeboxes/products.htm
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

got mine today!! along with my led sign..thanks netcat.   this thing is bigger than i thought. mounting it looks like it will be easy and be able to design a nice finished or flush edge around it. havnt hooked it up yet but gonna mess around with it this weekend!!
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Barcrest

Sweet man, don't forget some pics for us...  ;)

Jukebox Stats...

just_buck

Woddy, I'm glad to hear that "the bitch is rockin!"

Funny, because my monitor went a little screwy by slowly getting a bright spot on the upper right of the screen....  But they exchanged it, and the replacement is working great!

But again, glad you like!
May the Force Be with You

draginit

what drivers are you guys downloading for this t/s??? i used the link from pacificgeek.com but theres too many to choose from and i dont want to load up on unneeded drivers. im almost all setup up, but i can wait on this to see what you guys used. thanks

kremmit

Poop.

I went to order one of these today, and they are all gone at pacificgeek.

:'(

draginit

yea that, and did you see they jacked up the price another 150$!! or so even if you wanted it one.

-i tell you tho, that price might still be worth it as this thing rocks! i havnt got to try the t/s portion of it yet tho. i guess im gonna just download all the drivers until it works.

Barcrest

The 15" ones on ebay for $125 are still there though. I think they are a better buy personally, maybe it's because i am always broke LOL.

Jukebox Stats...

TurnItUp

Wow, all gone from Pacificgeek?  I just searched for EFL-1902X on the bay and made sure to search descriptions and found a guy who had 2.  He now only has 1.   :)

Thanks guys.  Cant wait to get it and start building my cabinet.  I was at menards this weekend and spotted one of their kiosks.  They actually have them placed all over the store for various projects.  I like it and think I will model one after it.

Later...

Russ

kremmit

This guy?

Has 4 now @ $239 + $15 shipping each.
shortened ebay link

casper

look like a bargain no uk shipping though >:(

kremmit

Heh.  Just noticed, the ebay guy is using the same pictures from PacificGeek's item page.  Bet he ordered a stack of them when they were still cheap and is just flipping them now.  I wonder if he's even got the things yet.

..no, looking at his feedback, he's been selling them at that price for a few months now.

I took the plunge and ordered one, looks like I'm committed to building a juke for sure now.  ;D

draginit

sweet deal on the t/s kremmit. bout 30$ less than thru pacific geek when they were still cheap and i gaurantee you will get it a lot quicker !!
- i was hoping someone wouldve posted which driver they are using from the PG site for the t/s function but im gonna mess with it, i have some time tonight. i will post my results here. in case its not obvious for others too.

kremmit

WOOT!

Touchscreen arrived via US Postal Service Tuesday the 13th- exactly 7 days from date of order.  Not bad, considering I ordered in the late evening, and there was a weekend and a US Postal holiday in there as well- That only left three working days for it to get here. 

I finally got play with the thing last night, and it's fricking nice.  Came with cables for VGA, Power, and a serial cable for the touchscreen "mouse" function.  The screen is very sturdy- not soft like the cheap LCD monitors I'm used to.  Feels like glass on the front.  No dead pixels, no light/dark spots, no geometry trouble- just a nice clean pic from edge to edge.  The touchscreen portion is working great with the XP drivers that were linked up on the PacificGeek page. 

I fired up Freebox for a test and of course, it works great.  The wife has had zero interest in the juke project up until now, but when I called her in and she got to actually see it and poke some buttons, she finally "got it".  Now she just wants me to hurry up and put it in the living room.  And put something besides AD/DC in it.  ;D