Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Touch Screen

Started by just_buck, September 19, 2007, 06:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_buck

http://www.pacificgeek.com/product.asp?id=47639&C=215&S=1107

Hope I'm posting this in the right area......

These are 19" LCDs and CHEAP!  Esp for a 19!

I bought one off of EBay and it arrived yesterday.....

My initial tests have been great.  Screen looks great!

So i thought I would pass the word! 

(may still find them on EBay slightly cheaper....  but I'm not sure...)

May the Force Be with You

Barcrest

Nice, if i had the money i would so get one of those. 19" is a step up from the little 14" i have right now.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

d78

I found a 17" touch overlay for my 17" LCD on ebay for $89. It's working awesome!

Woody

Just

Dude, I was looking at buying a 15" or 17" in that price range so I bought one of these. I hope it is as good as you make it sound.

Thanks for the tip !

Woody 

just_buck

Nothing like a little pressure!!!  :)

So far so good!!!

Woody

Just_buck

It should be good it is advertised as LG glass.

Woody

just_buck

Well I have it.....  I've had it hooked up to my test computer and display is GREAT!

I'm coming off a 15" ELO that in the very middle running left to right about 1" in width was a dead line.

So I always had to reconfigure the skins to avoid the dead line.  Talk about a pain....
And since I'm not well versed in skinning, every time there was an update and the skins changed, i would have to redo everything....   Yes, I'm sure there is an easier way to retain some settings, but it doesn't take that long anymore....  But I'll be SO GLAD not to have to make so many changes to avoid that line anymore.....

Again, the screen to me is great!  Touch functions were seemless....

I'm going to continue testing/playing...  Then off to rebuild a new jukebox!

I hope that your screen turns out just as great Woody!

draginit

just ordered one today. i like the idea of buying new vs almost buying the used 15" elo's on ebay. and for that price, bigger IS better. thanks for the tip!!
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Woody

Got mine yesterday and hooked it up ... THIS BITCH IS ROCKIN !!!

Woody

Barcrest

Sweet, wish i had the skills to build a cab. No point buying one if i am not building a cab.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

well christmas is coming, maybe I will build you one like mine.  I just need the dimensions and finish mine first.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

kizer

I bought mine from a used place.
http://www.pcrecycle.net/

It is a used place, but they had 3 15-inch ELO's still in the boxes in the back unopened. Mine was decased so it was an easy bolt in. Cost was 150bucks
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

WOW Squirrell that would be the awsome.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

well actually the one I am building I am not going to use now.  I decided to make another one a little different.  The one that I was making is for a 17" kiosk similar to this 19" one.  If you have any wood cutting experience you could make a smaller monitor fit.

If not I might try to sell this one.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

To be honest i think you need to put the monitor and computer in the wall hanging unit in one go. Did you see the robinsons jukebox? I was looking for something like that.. I think i could sell those but not at the prices he wanted for the cabs.

Jukebox Stats...