Main Menu

Touch Screen

Started by just_buck, September 19, 2007, 06:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrellydw

Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

AC/DC have become sort of the icons of freebox...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kremmit

Well, to be fair, I did have 25 albums of AC/DC. And 7 albums of "other".

TurnItUp

I received my touch screen a few weeks ago, but I was still organizing my music collection, so I hadn't hooked it up yet.  Decided to hook it up tonight and I was having a little trouble figuring out what driver to use at the 3M site http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MTouchSystems/TS/TechnicalInformation/TouchDrivers/ So if anyone else is wondering, it is the TouchWare 5.64 SR6 driver that works with these touchscreens (EFL-1902X).

Things all come together when you get the touchscreen going.  Wow, thats cool.  The display looks great and works perfectly.

kremmit

Yup, those are the drivers I used with XP. 

BTW, if your touchscreen calibration is off (mine was), the 3-point calibration might not fix it (didn't for me).  If you dig through the menus there was an "Advanced" menu somewhere with all kinds of warnings not to mess with it.  But the "Linearization" option turns out to be a much better calibration routine- like 20 points or something.  Got my screen working just exactly where I poke it, every time. 

This likely applies to other 3M touchscreen controllers, as well.

kremmit

FYI, anybody still looking for a screen:  eBay dude has two of the the 19 inchers back @ $235.  Same seller I got mine from, it was perfect.

Auction Link