Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

"More" Button Scrolls When Held

Started by sorefinger, June 25, 2012, 01:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sorefinger

Hi, I have a hardware media player like most with USB support they use the remote to find
the files you want to play, this means using your thumb to keep pressing the down button
to view the files you have and choose the one you want to play, the only problem is when
you have a HELL of a lot of mp3's or music videos you need to press the up or down button
hundreds of times, this lead to the buttons wearing out on the remote and RSI or arthritis in your thumb.
What I noticed was on this browser window when you hold the down arrow on the sidebar it SCROLLS !
Imagine if you had to click it once for every line to look thru the forum.
All I'm trying to say is it might be a good idea to have a check box in Button Options
if you would like this feature " More Button scrolls when held "
So we don't have to TAP the touch screen more button hundreds of times.
Like some touch screen overlays for LCD's are now just thin flexible ones so how would it handle this in the one spot for thousands of times.
Sure you have a search that means typing in songs that might not be there whereas the scroll
you can SCROLL quickly thru to see what you like just like we do in "Windows"

E-Touch is the Best around !
Just trying to help make it better.

Thanks.

sorefinger

JukeBox Arcade is just a basic Touch Jukebox at the moment but it has the scroll

:beerClick Here For Scroll Demo :beer

Barcrest

On the tracklisting screen it pages through the tracks so you shouldn't have to press the button more than a couple of times. I doubt anyone has an album with 100s of individual tracks on it.

On the album view you can jump to letter for artist, in V8 you can type in a few letters to get right to the artist you want when using the SxxLxxS skin. In the BnB skins you can use the scrollbar to get you close to what you want.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

sorefinger

I think you are more focused on just Audio Cd Albums, but there is also Videos and Karaoke that I don't think I'm the only one on earth that has 100's of Videos and Karaoke that can't really be filed in separate Albums with just 10 or so tracks in, the Video albums I have in it are: Classic Rock, Pop, Top 40 and Country, and there is a hell of a lot in them and the Karaoke album has 1000's. Hey looking thru the forum there are a lot of request for it.

Quote from: Barcrest on February 25, 2007, 03:50:28 PM
The easiest way is to make the dial send repeated key presses. When you move a mouse wheel you seel each little click, well each on of thoose on a jog dial should send a keypress... Th reason i didn't add it to the code was it caused to many issues and it was easier to do it requiring one click at a time. Of course as always i could be bribed financially to add a key repeat function, what's it worth LOL

What about a Bribe ? $;)$

But if it is too hard to code then we will just have to rough it with what we have.   :'(
Thanks.

Barcrest

I have my videos split into artists, this seems a much better way to browse them. It's also easier for users to find them when browsing through. Karaoke comes as albums anyway like sunfly 001, sunfly 002 etc.. Each album has 15 tracks on roughtly.

Rather than donating for this feature you might want to upgrade to lifetime membership. I see you are running V6, have you tried the v8 demo? It has loads of new features and is much quicker.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...