Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Scrolling through albums

Started by muzland, February 25, 2007, 03:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muzland

Hi BB,

Is it possible to scroll though the albums by holding down the forward or back buttons?

I have tried it with the mouse and also the keyboard but to no effect. I was hoping that by holding it down it would auto repeat at first slowly and then building up speed.

The reason I am asking is that I am thinking of using a rotary dial of some description to move between the album covers.

This could be a scroll wheel from a mouse with a proper dial attached or maybe an analogue pot based device if there is joystick support like a jog dial.

Alternatively, and this is where the repeat key operation comes in, the dial will simply close one of two microswitches to simulate a key press through an IPAC or suchlike.

I guess this is a feature request so would anyone else find this useful?

Cheers
Muzland

Barcrest

The easiest way is to make the dial send repeated key presses. When you move a mouse wheel you seel each little click, well each on of thoose on a jog dial should send a keypress... Th reason i didn't add it to the code was it caused to many issues and it was easier to do it requiring one click at a time. Of course as always i could be bribed financially to add a key repeat function, ehat's it worth LOL
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

muzland

Wow Barcrest!

That was a quick reply. I have just donated via the donate button at the top.

My keyboard is set up to auto-repeat. Is this not the same thing?

Regards
Muzland

Barcrest

Freebox has some code in to wait until the key is released before reading the key again. So even though you have keyboard repeat on freebox over rides it sort of.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...