Main Menu

Credit Module and Multipliers

Started by Gaucho, May 10, 2013, 05:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaucho

Help, I can't figure this out.

I have set coin 2 (20p) as 1 x 1 = one credit
and the coin 1 (10p) as 2 x 1 = one credit

But when I insert 10p it adds one credit straight away instead of waiting for another 10p.

There are other options I want to set, but I need the credit divider to be stable as mentioned by Almar02. If you have 6 credits and then set the divider to two it flickers between 3 and 6, likewise if I set the divider to 3 it flickers between 2 and 6.

Risim

This is my setup maybe it will help you:

i have (coin1) to 1*3=3 this way i get 1 credit for the first three coins(which is a total of 3 credits)and with the 4 coin I get 3 additional credits which will give me a grand total of 6 credits.  Then I set the credit divider at 2 and I have 3 credits for 4 coins.  I hope this help some.

Gaucho

Quote from: alemar02 on May 10, 2013, 06:57:00 PM

i have (coin1) to 1*3=3 this way i get 1 credit for the first three coins(which is a total of 3 credits)and with the 4 coin I get 3 additional credits which will give me a grand total of 6 credits.  Then I set the credit divider at 2 and I have 3 credits for 4 coins.  I hope this help some.
Sorry, been away all weekend. The above confuses me a bit.

Forgetting the credit divider and looking at coin 1 are you saying enter 1x3=3 gives you 1 credit or it gives you 3 credits when you insert 3 coins. the reason I ask is because you have said you get 1 credit but then in brackets said you get 3 credits?

I am just trying to get my head round the multipliers for now as it doesn't work the way I thought it would.

Barcrest

The multipliers will only take effect when the set number of coins have been entered and will give bonus credits.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Gaucho on May 13, 2013, 02:32:50 PM
Quote from: alemar02 on May 10, 2013, 06:57:00 PM

Sorry, been away all weekend. The above confuses me a bit.

Forgetting the credit divider and looking at coin 1 are you saying enter 1x3=3 gives you 1 credit or it gives you 3 credits when you insert 3 coins. the reason I ask is because you have said you get 1 credit but then in brackets said you get 3 credits?

I am just trying to get my head round the multipliers for now as it doesn't work the way I thought it would.

Ok I get 1 credit for the first two coins enter but at the 3 coin I get the bonus which I have it set to 3 so at the third coin I get 3 credits just for that coin.  Its a bit conf using but it works try it out.

Gaucho

O.K. I think I get it.

So if I say have 1 credit for 3 coins but want 2 for 5 coins I set it as

Coin 1 - 2 x 3 = 1

I'll have a play and see if that works

Barcrest

Coin 1 = 10p and gives 1 credit.
Coin 2 = 20p and gives 3 credits.

set coin 1 to be x2 1 so you get the 2 credits for each 10p and 1 bonus credit. This makes 2x10p the same value as 1 x 20p... Does that make sense? It aslo only works if the same coin is entered consecutively.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Gaucho on May 13, 2013, 05:32:14 PM
O.K. I think I get it.

So if I say have 1 credit for 3 coins but want 2 for 5 coins I set it as

Coin 1 - 2 x 3 = 1

Are they the same coin (key press) b/c I dont think you can do that.
The only way I can see to get 1 credit for 3 coins is (coin 1)  1 x 2 = 2  with the credit divider at 2.  But again it is a bit tricky you will need to play with it for a while.  What do you exactly want so that I can try it out here as well.

Gaucho

OK thanks for trying to guide me.

What I want to do is make it 30p for a single play but 50p for 2 and ?1 for 4, my problem comes from a combination of being able to insert both 10p and 20p coins and how to get the combination to work.

So if some one insets 3 x 10p or 1 x 10p and 1 x 20p that is only 1 play but if they insert 3 x 10p and 1 x 20p that should be 2 plays does that make sense?

the insentive is to pit on more than one play.

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on May 14, 2013, 12:46:39 AM
OK thanks for trying to guide me.

What I want to do is make it 30p for a single play but 50p for 2 and ?1 for 4, my problem comes from a combination of being able to insert both 10p and 20p coins and how to get the combination to work.

So if some one insets 3 x 10p or 1 x 10p and 1 x 20p that is only 1 play but if they insert 3 x 10p and 1 x 20p that should be 2 plays does that make sense?

the insentive is to pit on more than one play.

What you want can't be done with the current set up, it's something I was thinking about the other night.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

OK thanks Barry.

How easy is it to add an extra coin. At the moment there are 5 but my coin mech takes 6 - 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, ?1 and ?2.

Risim

Barry a the only problem that I have with my setup is that the bonus credits are always pending.  Let me explain I went to a bar last Friday and the jukebox was playing for maybe an hour straight.  When I get up to play song I inserted a dollar and get my 3 credits but I realize I want another song so I was going to insert 2 quarters (which will gives me one credit).  But I got 2 credits just for one quarter.  I kept think about this and I think the problem is the bonus credits are always pending.  Is there a way to put a time limit for the bonus credits.  Lets say 30 sec or 1 min and if coins are not inserted in that time the credit modual will reset.  does this make sense.

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on May 14, 2013, 12:21:21 PM
OK thanks Barry.

How easy is it to add an extra coin. At the moment there are 5 but my coin mech takes 6 - 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, ?1 and ?2.

In this case I would just disable the 5p using the inhibit on that line, I don't know anyone whould would feed a jukebox with 5ps or what credit value you would even give that. Not righting that off as an option but poiting out a quick fix. Doing that should mean 5p's are rejected.

Moving forward I am think I have a solution....

I need to assign each coin a digital value. 0.05 for 5p 0.1 for 10p...

Then i could add credits based on that value, and deduct from the digital value when credits are used.. This would need a per credit value.

This also causes probelms.. 20p a credit.. 8 credits for a pound for example.

Digtial value is 1.0 you pick a song it's .2 per credit so digital value is now .8 put 20p and it's back to 1.0 and you gain 8 credits...

Any thoughts are appriciated.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

O.K. thanks, I was thinking of using inhibit for 5p so you have made my mind up.

The digital value you are looking at, is not something similar possible using the credit divider or have I misunderstood.

I can get very close to what I want using the credit divider except for that annoying flickering glitch whenever I enable it.

Risim

Quote from: Gaucho on May 14, 2013, 02:27:27 PM
I can get very close to what I want using the credit divider except for that annoying flickering glitch whenever I enable it.
You still get that Guacho?  What version are you using?  I think that was taken care of in beta 36.  I know the pricing labels still change but the credit label I think Barry fixed it.