Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Back in Black and Blue Skin :)

Started by squirrellydw, November 11, 2007, 01:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrellydw

OK, this is my first attempt at making a skin so I am sure I am going to have a few questions.  It is going to be mainly black with blue buttons and outlines. 
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

casper

kremmit

I'd be afraid to push a button that shiny; I'd get greasy fingerprints all over it.  :D

casper

Quote from: kremmit on November 11, 2007, 07:01:16 PM
I'd be afraid to push a button that shiny; I'd get greasy fingerprints all over it.  :D
there's also a chance your finger could slip off its so shiny and end up pressing something else. just something for you to take into acconut when making the skin.

eist1

I like the look of the button too, do you know what software he is using to create them?

squirrellydw

Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

OK, I have most of the buttons made, now how do I make a SKIN?  I am trying to use the TruBlueSkin as a template but just can't figure it out.  I would like to take out the girls and make the Album Art Outline more rounded and have the blue match my buttons.  Maybe even have the background all black, not sure still working on that.  When I make the background should that be at the resalotion I want 1024x768?
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

You want the back drop images to match the skin size you are woking on.... I will try and make a manual tomorrow i only just got home from work, long story...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

thanks, manual will be a lot of help, at least I hope so.  try to write it for a dummy :)
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

any chance of adding support for .png files?
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

Here is the type of look I am shooting for if anyone wants to help that may be better at it then me, still learning everything.  The first one is from Apples Apple TV and the 2nd one I had SHOCK_ over at BYOAC make for me for my MAME FE
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

OK, what button do you like better the first one I posted at the top or this one?  the first one won't be that big.

Coffee is the man now

casper

I would have to say it would after be the first one the second one looks a bit flat. i like the rounded 3d look of the first.

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

twarr

I also prefer the first one. Really nice! :)