Main Menu

Back in Black and Blue Skin :)

Started by squirrellydw, November 11, 2007, 01:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

It would look pretty nice if he could, I think nobody else does it because it's a pain in the A$* to make all te small letters :)

squirrellydw

I am going to try my best, I want it done right.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

Eist1....try this button and see how it looks.
Coffee is the man now

eist1

It still shows some of the yellow around the edges, I think it is because of the shading of the black at the edges, it is mixing with the yellow creating a little different color, which will not become transparent because it does not match the yellow in the upper left pixel. The outside edges need to be very "sharp" the sharper the better, since it needs a cutoff area between colors. If you can get rid of the black shading on the edges, that should work, the black shading really isn't needed since it will be on a black background anyway. Check your messages, I sent you a pic and a link. Thanks

Edit: After messing with the background, for this particular skin the black background should be fine, as the background image is black, so the button should blend in. It's late but I'll verify it tomorrow. It might still be good to get the yellow background working, as then those buttons could be used with any color background without issues.

Barcrest

You should make the background colour... In this case the yellow the same colour as the background image. That way if some of it isn't removed by the transparancy it will still match up nicely.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

So the background is gong to be black on the skin so the button background should be black also right?  Thats how I had it before, oh well.

Why can't the skin tool support transparent .gif  That would make things much easier.
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Easier for you, a ton harder for me...

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

fair enough, you are the programer.   I kinda figured it wasn't that easy but thought I would ask
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

The main page is almost done, need to decide on the arrows yet and make a few more buttons.  I am also going to make the round buttons on the left oval like the ones on the bottom and see how that looks.  The reason is I should be able to fit more buttons on the left side then.

Opinions, suggestions and comments are always welcomed.

Eist1 will be doing the skin tool part once I have all the graphics and pages done.
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Ok it needs to say select a song rather than artists. You can't have transparancy on the vlume slider you have shown, i think it would look better without the text saying volume IHMO. Aside from that the skin looks awsome and a good replacment for an older skin ;)

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

OK I will make the changes, but I really like the volume button but since transparency won't work no big deal.  Why doesn't transparency work if the image is saved that way?
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

Made the changes that Barcrest suggested and I changed the buttons to oval any other ones I need?

What do you like better, round or oval?
Coffee is the man now

kremmit

I kind of like the round, but you get room for more buttons with the oval...

Barcrest

Round look better but they take up more space. Maybe you could make them smaller and round, or just make the main ones round and then have a few smaller oval buttons at the bottom for the features least used.

History, Options, Carousel come to mind as not really needing buttons displayed all the time.

You can also get more space by moving the buttons up to the top. Having a large round button for albums at the top would look quite cool as that is the most used button to get back to the main screen.

Would be cool if the buttons were more grphical like the touchtunes ones rather than just having test on them too if that's possible like how the tunes central button is.

Also the text select a song shouldn't be underlined and should be centered above the covers...

See my attached MOCK UP made from your 2 images.. I think that looks spot on.

Jukebox Stats...