Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Page scroll

Started by coffee, February 25, 2007, 09:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

When I scroll back or forward the albums in the album view menu it normally takes about 3 seconds to go to the next page. If I hit forward or back a few times quickly it can stall for up to one minute before freebox responds again. I thought it was a memory problem, so I upgraded my system to 1GB memory and also changed the motherboard for a dualcore but I still have the same problem. Now the only another thing I can think of is to install another video card. I disabled the video in the options menu but it seems to do the same.
Can anybody give me some advice on what to do to solve this?

netcat

I have noticed this as well, specially with last 3 or 4 releases the app seems to have really slowed down during certain functions, The cool thing about freebox is that it has always run really good on my PIII 800Mhz motherboard

Barry is their any major changes lately that would account for this ? might their be some way to optimize the code ?

Barcrest

The issue Coffee was refering to is if you repeated click the next button then wait it takes a while to catch up. This is because it loads all the pages for each click even though you don't see them. I will fix the code so when it is drawing a page it doesn't read the the next clicks and that should fix that issue...

Any genral slow downs that have crept in i am not sure about, as it seems ok on my machine but i will look at ways of speeding up the juke for the next release. I wanted to work on it some more now but it is really late and i have to get up for work in 3 hours and i am not even in bed. Hopefully the next version will be quicker...

Remeber the following;
Keep your album covers to 320x320,
If it is slow changing album cover pages try using 6 or 4 cover display,
Turn off animations, these are not fast and will slow the whole thing down,
Disable keyboard will speed it up.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barcrest

You were correct. It really is much better if you use a 4 or 6 cover per page layout. I will resize the .jpg files this week and see what is does but I think you are spot on, the biggest problem is the sizes of the cover.jpg files. I have just downloaded ver. 2.1.1.8. I will install it tomorrow and see what it does.

Thanks a lot.
Coffee

Barcrest

I fixed it for you in 2.1.18 anyway... But i still recommend you resize the covers. Let me know how you get on, looking forward to your pics :D

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barry

Yes, I did resize my cover.jpg files to 320 x320 and it made a huge differents. I don't have any more speed problems. The pages scroll is very fast now, even with a 12 cover per page setup.

Thank for the help.
Coffee

coffee

Hi Barry

I just got 2.1.1.8 installed and the page scroll are in overdrive now. No more speed worries here. Excellent.

Thanks again
Coffee

Barcrest

See, if you pay me you get results and you have more than paid me.. your fixes are always top of the list.

Jukebox Stats...