Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Barcrest's Wall Mount...

Started by Barcrest, November 15, 2007, 06:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casper

nearly finished my juke same as barry's except added the led sign to the front and fans and led temp gauge on the side. allthough everything is wired up i now need to start stripping it all back down and try and get rid of the excessivly long wires. just needs a lock for the door and maybe something on the front there is a big plane area and not sure if it looks right. i forgot to switch on the sound activated lights on the side in the pics like barry's. i may add a video on youtube later.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

craiglincs

Hi Casper,

I am looking at starting my project asap, could you tell me where I could get the fans with LED's and also the sound activated lights below.

Do you know where i might get a small amp like yours too?

Thanks

Craig

casper

Hi craig   the led fans were of ebay there's plenty on i think i paid about £8 for the pair inc postage. the plasma plates i bought from comet they were £8 each but if they don't have any left expect to pay £18 each off ebay. the speaker setup is a stripped down Creative Labs Inspire 5.1 P5800 i bought off ebay i paid £20 + postage they are recons but i have had 3 sets off they same person and i can't fault the sound quality why anybody would mess about with car amps is beyond me. if you need the links let me know and i'll find them for you.  cheers casper.

craiglincs

woiw, thanks for the info casper, much appreciated!

when stripped down do you use all the speakers inside the box?

craiglincs

what i meant to say was.... do you use all the speakers, including a stripped down woofer and cetre speaker?

also whats behind the plasma plates?

its still early and i need coffee! lol

casper

i just use four of the five speakers and the sub. all the speakers are shielded so there is no problem where you place them in relation to your computer or screen. really easy to strip down and still look very neat. every thing is in the cab the sub is underneath the bottom of the cab and you can see the other four in the pics. i have the option and intended to connect to my home surround sound set up but there's just no point it sounds bang on already. i like to keep everything in the cab so i can use the juke elsewhere for parties ect. its not light to lug around but its managable. i disigned the juke to come off the wall really easy but it aint never gonna fall off.

craiglincs

the subs underneath the bottom? still in its sub case on the floor or actually stripped and facing down in the cab?

casper

the subs facing down inside the cab its just enougth for a bit of bass. ;D

craiglincs

ahhh excellent!  i take it the case is made of wood?

where do all the speakers plug into, do i spot a stripped down back panel of the sub in the middle for inputs/outputs?

casper

the cab itself is the sub box ther's plenty of bass with the lid down. . the pic shows the amp where everything is plugged in. thats where the sub should be but as i was limeted for room it had to be dismantled. there's also a wired remote coming out of the amp which i am going to fix to the side of the cab it controls volume bass and as a earphone input. pic qaulity not very good sorry.

craiglincs

ahhhhh excellent, i see how it all works now!

is the cab made of wood or metal? and cheekily, i'd like to take the project to a joiners to get the cab itself made, do you have any rough plans at all?

I'm a software engineer, I dont do DIY lol!

Thanks for all your advice, your a legend!

casper

the cab is all made from 12mm mdf i can sort out the exact measurements for you. as its such a simple design you could take the measurments to b&q they will cut all the wood for you for free to the exact measurments all you would have to do is round the corners off the front panel and screw it all together. obviously you would need to cut out for your screen etc but it really is simple. let me know if you want the measurments and i'll pm them to you later.

casper

i forgot to add that i will also be using my betabrite sign with the cab it will go on top of the unit and show the artist and song while the one on the front of the cab shows songfacts.

craiglincs

that would be excellent, i'd really appreciate it!

casper

i'll sort the measurements out now and send them to you.