Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Designing A New Skin

Started by DaDuber, October 24, 2013, 03:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Ok just downloading the images, so what I will do is create a new skin and use your images and do a video for you. Hopefully I wont be too long.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

DaDuber

Thanks a lot. You've been a lot of help so far. If you need any other images I can give them to you. I don't think i've made every button so far

Mark Norville

I will do a video later as I have the sun in my eyes now so it is uncomfortable, but I can see what is wrong

You have no tracks to show on file controls/settings. You need to find NUMBER OF TRACKS SHOWN and then use the pull down to select at least 1 track.

Your background is black which is not going to help you.

That is one problem solved.

You also had KEEP QUEUE SHOWN ticked when I loaded the skin up. Untick that remember that page will cover anything you have underneath.

It looks as if you are trying to use the pop up menu as your navigation bar. I do not think that you can use that for navigation as it is called pop up menu for a reason.

If your navigation is on the album view, when you go to album view to edit that page, you will have menu options on that page. If you wish to use them at the top left, you would need to make it so the album view is your default screen so your icons are always at the top, and then as I say adjust the other pages to be a frame of that album view.

So your main view at all times or at least once is that album view so you would be creating a frame as I said earlier, as long as the options are at the top, and you put your other pages underneath that, then it will always show.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Quote from: DaDuber on October 02, 2015, 03:20:29 PM
It shows up in the skin tool the way I want but doesn't in the jukebox. Maybe its something that needs to be enabled? I can give you the files if you think its something simple I.m doing wrong

http://daduber.com/jb/Black-n-Yellow%2016x9.zip

also the listing of tracks.  thanks...
if I ever get it working right will definitely  post final version for people to download.

It might be that you were editing the pop up menu and not the normal menu, I can't check now but i will have more time tomorrow.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

QuoteIt might be that you were editing the pop up menu and not the normal menu, I can't check now but i will have more time tomorrow.

How can I tell the difference?
also how can I get the jump to letter on main screen I checked "Jump to button on main screen" but still see nothing.

Thanks

Mark Norville

The main way of telling the difference is in the screens to edit, at the bottom you have got pop up menu, this will take you to the pop up menu editing screen.

As for jump to letter on screen, make sure that have your alphabetical files actually on the screen and that they are linked to your graphics. The editing screen will show you red orbs, but those graphics will not show for some reason unless you have linked each and every image.

I personally have not done letters on the main screen so I would have to jump on the computer and try that out myself. I personally am not a fan of seeing the letters on the screen and what I am skinning at the moment is completely different to what you see in the skins section at the moment, it is nice to think outside of the box, and the skin tool allows you to be able to that, otherwise if all the skins became the same then it would be boring.

I am here on and off all night anyway as sat down watching some tv shows at the moment, so I will keep checking back.

I will say this that don't be put off by mistakes made, mistakes are good as we learn by them and improve. I am only learning myself really but things are pretty straight forward once things click into place. The worse things that I found was when trying to skin and then a bug was here and that stopped me from doing what I wanted to do but the bug got sorted so I moved on doing more pages.

If you do get really stuck on something just say and I can do a video.

DaDuber

I guess I am editing the popup menu because it shows up in skin tool when I go to popup menu in drop down.
How can I get to the non pop up menu?
thanks...

Mark Norville

When you first create a skin certain pages have certain items contained within those pages. If you are like me when I first started I was throwing boxes left right and centre off the screen thinking that I would not need them, later on did I find that I actually needed those boxes.

I just loaded up your skin and then put navigation as on album view and I moved some of your album covers away and I found the following hidden underneath

Random songs and also new songs.

There should be more buttons for that screen so you might have hidden them or moved them off the screen.  You should be seeing buttons for A to Z, Audio, Video, Karaoke, Radio unless they are turned off within your skin, no just checked and you have all the right buttons ticked in admin and then button settings.

You might have removed them off the screen.

One tip that I will give you, is that I started the same skin quite a few times because I moved icons off screen when I needed them. It is better to get the buttons in place first before you worry too much regarding placements or textures.

I have said before but as you are doing a black skin I personally would have a white texture so that I can edit the fonts so that they are the right colour when you do add your textures otherwise the fonts are hidden due to being black.

DaDuber

I just created a new skin and went to album view first. I don't see the a-z buttons on this either. I see some of the other buttons and the button for the popup menu which bring up my menu that was missing. I dont want to have the menu pop up. I need it to always be there. Can I change the setting to have it always there? How can I get the jump to letters to show?
thanks...

Mark Norville

No sadly the pop up menu is really only that when the menu button is hit, then it brings that page up. I cannot see Barry changing that but if you ask then you will have a better answer from him.

On the file control/ settings you have jump to letters, you can adjust that to show the letters where you want, I just changed it to letters on album view and letters popped up there.

However when I set the jump to button on main menu, it only shows a box saying jump to letter.

You need to treat the album view as your main screen and then adjust your skin to fit around this so for letters on the main screen, you will need to adjust your album view so that it is larger and more important.

I know it is a bit confusing and backwards in respects as like you would think that main screen would be more editable and be MAIN SCREEN as it suggests, still he is a brummie and they always do things backwards lol

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

If you don't want the pop up menu just use the normal menu, that is displayed all the time. The pop up menu was for those that want less clutter on the main screen.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

QuoteIf you don't want the pop up menu just use the normal menu, that is displayed all the time. The pop up menu was for those that want less clutter on the main screen.

How do I get to that menu. I made a new skin and I don't see that in there.

Barcrest

Quote from: DaDuber on October 06, 2015, 02:00:09 PM
QuoteIf you don't want the pop up menu just use the normal menu, that is displayed all the time. The pop up menu was for those that want less clutter on the main screen.

How do I get to that menu. I made a new skin and I don't see that in there.

The normal menu is that used in the included skins where the buttons are shown all the time. You can select it from the dropdown.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

QuoteHow do I get to that menu. I made a new skin and I don't see that in there.

QuoteThe normal menu is that used in the included skins where the buttons are shown all the time. You can select it from the dropdown.

Ok. I'm assuming that its Genre Selection Bar in menu. if I am right in my skin its just a button. Can I copy some of the ini files from one of the other skins to make it into a window?

Mark Norville

Barry will be able to say regarding the ini files but looking at your design the first image you want the following

Pop Up Menu

Letters

Albums

Menu bar

You do have a button in the menu bar for pop up menu, which once pressed then you can have it shown where you want it placed. At the moment it cannot be shown all of the time.

I am not sure if Barry will change this at some point or have it so that it has an option to always display the pop up menu.

At the moment I would have to say that you need to work with what you have rather than what you do not have, I mean for the free credits screen, I personally would love it if it gave me free cash, but unfortunately that will not happen.

Regards

Mark