Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Philco 37-670 Conversion

Started by yakman4, January 20, 2014, 02:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakman4

Here is my fist attempt at a jukebox. The case was pretty rough when I got it so it's not perfect.
I still have some wires to clean up and put a back on it and add some LEDs to give it some accent lighting.
I pretty happy for a first attempt even the wife was surprise how good it looks.

Barcrest

Like it, I do like those old radio conversions. How do find the screen as I noticed you didn't angle it back.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

yakman4

I went for looks more than function. I really didn't want to hack the cabinet apart too much.
You have to lean down a little but as I'm just going to use it as a piece of useable furniture it should work out fine.

Barcrest

I wasn't trying to detract anything from it, I was just saying personally I would have made 2 V wooden inserts for left and right of the screen so the screen was tilted back slightly so you wouldn't need to lean down so much. If I went with the flat screen mount as you did I would just put it on a pedestal. Great build, I wasn't trying to knock it.

Jukebox Stats...

yakman4

No offense taken If it had all the original knobs and such I thought about making a wooden surround and sit the monitor on top
and left the rest original maybe my next build but the honeydoo list comes first.   :'( lol

Barcrest

I didn't mean on top I would have put it where you have it now but had the top of the screen recessed back a few inches so it was at an angle so you  didn't need to bend down. so from the side the screen would be more / than | if you put some wood on the inside either side of the screen like |/ and stained it it would look stock.

Jukebox Stats...

Drben

That looks great! Very nicely done  8)