Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Repositioning Now Playing on second screen

Started by kevinlpowercom, March 21, 2014, 06:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinlpowercom

On my second screen (a 720p led tv), the now playing screen is always off to the left and not centered.  Can it be centered or stretched to cover the entire screen?  You can also see the Now Playing screen behind some videos when they are playing.  Can this be hidden?  Seems to do this in both ver. 8 & 9.  Windows xp, asus video card with nvidea drivers.

Thanks,

Kevin

Barcrest

So do you have the now playing screen enabled for the second screen? I assume you have your screens positioned correctly in the windows settings.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Out of curiosity, if you go into settings>appearance and untick then tick full screen mode, does it solve the issue?

For some reason  I get this sometimes.

kevinlpowercom

Yes, I have Now Playing checked for the second screan.  The second screen works fine for videos, but the fanart for music is always skewed to the left.  I tried changing the resolution to the tv to 1024 X 768 and the fanart is then correct but my videos don't size properly.  I don't have a scaling option on the Nvidia control panel, it automatically finds your tv and set the resolution to 720p.  Also, when I start the jukebox and a video starts playing, the video is just a small square in the corner.  I have to go into the config and uncheck the full screen and uncheck to display now playing on second screen.  I then check full screen again and the video works as it should.  I then recheck now playing on second screen and it works also.

Gaucho

Sounds familier, are you running etoutch in the start up?

kevinlpowercom

Barcrest

The video isn't filling the screen because you have now playing shown on the second screen.

Jukebox Stats...

kevinlpowercom

The video works fine if I uncheck and then recheck the full screen and now playing options.  The only problem is the fanart on the second screen is skewed to the left and on certain resolution   videos the now playing can be seen behind the video.  It seems a shame not to have the now playing on for music especially now that you can have multiple fanart.

Barcrest

I prefer the full screen video and full screen VIS when it's audio playing. I also have the virtual LED on the bottom of my second screen.

Jukebox Stats...

kevinlpowercom

Could the fanart be a possibity in the future?  I can't get the virtual led to come up on my second screen.

Barcrest

Well the fanart will show if you have the now playing screen shown however the video will overlay it. If you use a vis like Geforce it will show the song title and album cover with it's vis which I think looks far better than the now playing screen but obviously no fanart.

Jukebox Stats...

kevinlpowercom

Could the fanart be a possibility in the future?  Everyone that sees it likes the fanart better than the visualizations.

Barcrest

Quote from: kevinlpowercom on March 31, 2014, 03:49:29 PM
Could the fanart be a possibility in the future?  Everyone that sees it likes the fanart better than the visualizations.

How?

Jukebox Stats...

kevinlpowercom

Well, I'm not a programmer, but could you use http://vidres.software.informer.com/ or http://12noon.com/?page_id=80 with some programmed switches to have etouch change the resolution between music and video?

Barcrest

So you want full screen video but when it's not video you want the fanart to show?

Jukebox Stats...