Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

My Jukebox from a TV Stand Project

Started by cadis12, December 30, 2007, 04:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadis12

Here is my attempt at a Jukebox project.  It was contstructed out of a TV stand.  You can find more pictures of the construction process at http://www.adisweb.com/jukebox .  I am pretty happy with the ways things turned out.  Let me know if you have any quesions!  Thanks!

TurnItUp

Very cool.  I think it turned out great!  Just as elegant looking as any other piece of furniture in the house.  Good job!

kizer

What you could do which I did, but I haven't taken any photos as of yet since my machine is well not done. Its a prototype machine/jukebox.
I cut a hole in the back of my cabinet and have the power supply blowing air out the back, which creates a vaccumm in the front pulling in colder air.

As well my amp is full size where your sub is I have my PC sitting on a shelf above like you do. I drilled holes in the shelf so hotter air could rise up and the power supply fan and another fan like it on the opposite side of the shelf would exhaust air out. So basically I have a fan on the left and ride side of the case pushing air out and pulling fresh air in.

I'm only running I'd guess 80mm fans, but when I do actually trash the particle board to either oak or birch I'm probably going to go with a pair of 120mm fans. Replacing the power supply with an equiped 120mm.

Just adding the rear openings and the fans made a HUGE difference in temp along with the air in front coming in.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

cadis12

Thanks for the ideas!  I plan to tackle this problem this weekend.  I'm going to try cutting a hole like you said.  I really don't know how much of a problem the heat will be but I would like to get it a little cooler in there.  Thanks again!

jacktucky

Is it hard to use with the monitor completely flat like that?

Looks nice.

cadis12

It's actually not bad!  Now, when I was setting up the software and looking at the computer monitor for a long time my neck started to get sore looking down. Otherwise, for people to walk up, look down, select a few tunes and walk away its really not that bad.

casper

hi cadis12 i noticed you were using a griffin powermate usb controller have you had any isssues with it? i have had one for a while now but i could never get it to control anything i.e volume. the best it does is scroll left and right across the screen when i twist it. i didn't get a cd driver with it when i bought it so installed the latest drivers from griffins website but still no joy after trawling through the internet for hours and hours on end i found no solution. what version of windows are you running it on? i'm using win xp sp2. iv.e also read that that there are issues with it not being recognized after a restart have you had any of these problems with yours?   cheers casper

cadis12

I'm running XP SP2 with all the current updates.  I used the stock drivers that came on the included CD.  From there it places an icon in your tray that you can use to set up the powermate however you want it to function.  I have had no problems setting it up to control volume.  I also have it set so pressing down on the knob mutes the sound.  It's pretty slick. 

I have the same problems with the restart issue.  Turn the computer off or restart and it does not recognize the Powermate.  It's a headache cause you have to unplug and plug it in to get it active.  Not a big deal for me since I leave this computer on 24/7 as it also acts as my FTP server. 

Good luck with your driver issues!

eist1

Guys,

I just got one of these too to play with Freebox, for controlling the volume and paging through the albums. My Powermate came with a driver CD V1.5.3 and after install and config the Powermate gets recognized and works fine. I have powered down and then brought my PC back up and the Powermate gets recognized and works fine after reboot. For the "fun" of it I downloaded the latest driver V2.0.1 and installed it, it recognized the Powermate and worked fine. I powered my PC down and brought it back up and the Powermate no longer worked, so re-installed V1.5.3 and it works fine again even after reboot. Check what driver you are using and if it isn't V1.5.3 let me know and I'll send the driver software I have out to you and see if that fixes your problem. Thanks

BTW, I just set my Powermate up to page through the album covers, just set keymappings in the options screen for browse forward and back, and it works really smoothly going through the albums, a little easier than touching the screen everytime if also using a touchscreen. I use the click down left and right for the volume.

cadis12

I have been away from the forums since I am currently focused on my retagging process  :tommy
I would like to get those old drivers from you!  That would solve a big headache!  THanks.

eist1

cadis,

Just emailed the drivers to you. I used the email address in your profile, let me know if they work for you.

casper

Hi eist could you let me have a copy of the driver so i can test on my powermate. tried the v2 but totally useless. don't know how i missed this thread can't get hold of the v1.5 anywhere on the net so if you could send em that would be a big help. cheers casper

Barcrest

Send em to me and i'll upload them on here.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

casper

This as got to be the most infuriating piece of hardware i have bought. The only good thing i can say about it is that its well built because i have thrown it at every wall in my home and the bloody thing won't die. i have tried it on 3 different computers and it still won't do a simple thing like turn the volume up. Oh well something else to get shoved at the back of my computer draw..

Barcrest

Quote from: casper on March 04, 2008, 03:29:15 PM
This as got to be the most infuriating piece of hardware i have bought. The only good thing i can say about it is that its well built because i have thrown it at every wall in my home and the bloody thing won't die. i have tried it on 3 different computers and it still won't do a simple thing like turn the volume up. Oh well something else to get shoved at the back of my computer draw..

I think i warned you about it on MSN, as i had heard of issues with it. Hopefully these other drivers will get it working for you.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...