Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Hangs on first start up

Started by toastyhamster, January 26, 2016, 10:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toastyhamster

Possibly my library is too large?  Downloaded the demo, installed, generated the database - start E-Touch and it hangs.  I can move the Credit Module around but not close it and the main E-Touch window is mainly grey, no graphics, just the odd bit of text about jukebox number, number of credits and field titles such as last song played.  Library of 40,000 MP3s
PC is pretty quick but I'm finding that large libraries coupled with XP don't work very well.  Stuck on XP due to touchscreen driver support.
Thx

Mark Norville

Are you installing and running as administrator? If you are not then please do so. If you have installed in c:\program files get rid of that and install in c:\etouch 9

The credit module is only there for commercial operators it is not for demo or supporters or lifetime.

The library is not a problem with xp I know that Barry uses XP and has 250,000 odd tracks.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

toastyhamster

Yeh that's kinda worse now.  I installed to the base folder as suggested, imported the music and now it just hangs on "Importing Karaoke DB".  If I uninstall and reinstall it thinks the DB is still full (how can I delete it?) so goes back to the Karaoke DB error.  If I run the config manually and Generate DB it does the same thing, so now stuck.

Mark Norville

I did see that Barry said when you install into program files the files go somewhere else, and in some respects you have files everywhere now.

If you know how to use regedit, I would uninstall and delete all folders and files from the directory, run regedit and then take out all references to eTouch and then start again.

Of course there could be a bug in the demo version, but as we do not test the demo versions then we cannot say 100% on that.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

toastyhamster

Yeh done, that, same. So big libraries aren't a problem eh?

#2016-01-26 19:14:42#,"383","'Text' property is read-only","Module1","open_ini3","E-Touch v9.0.18","mike","JUKEBOX"
#2016-01-26 19:14:42#,"76","Path not found","Module1","open_ini3","E-Touch v9.0.18","mike","JUKEBOX"
#2016-01-26 19:14:42#,"381","Invalid property array index","Module1","open_ini3","E-Touch v9.0.18","mike","JUKEBOX"
#2016-01-26 19:14:44#,"380","Invalid property value","Module1","coverfiles_load","E-Touch v9.0.18","mike","JUKEBOX"
#2016-01-26 19:14:44#,"380","Invalid property value","Module1","coverfiles_load","E-Touch v9.0.18","mike","JUKEBOX"
#2016-01-26 19:14:51#,"7","Out of memory","Form1","load_db3","E-Touch v9.0.18","mike","JUKEBOX"
#2016-01-26 19:14:51#,"9","Subscript out of range","Form1","load_db3","E-Touch v9.0.18","mike","JUKEBOX"

Mark Norville

If I was you I would try and set up a dummy directory of say 10 albums and then see what happens. The database is flat files such as records.csv

Sometimes a directory can cause the config to hang I had the same music album crash my import a few times, I removed that album and then it went through ok.

Try a small import though and see if you get any problems. I see that you have an out of memory on load db3 this should be karaoke, how many gigs of ram have you got installed?

Regards

Mark

toastyhamster

If I run it with 10 albums I get past the Karaoke DB error but I get the same mainly grey screen with broken text and no buttons.  Given up, I'll find something else.

Mark Norville

Trust me do not give up wait and see what Barry says. I gave up on this software loads of times before in the past, I wanted to love it but when I tried it I often found myself hating it. I decided just to take the plunge and I got more and more into the software trying to create a skin, finding bugs, but a lot of the bugs have been fixed now and the software is a lot better.

If you want a pub style touch screen jukebox trust me this is the best out there, second to none.

Regards

Mark

Gaucho

No buttons and graphics errors sounds like the skin isn't using png images. What skin are you running?

toastyhamster

It's worse than that, the text is all over the place with some missing, with grey on grey overlaying it.  I've not changed any skins so it'll be whatever the default is.

Mark Norville

It would help a bit if you can take a screen grab, and also say how much memory and what your system spec is.

toastyhamster

Celeron E8400@3.00Ghz  4GB RAM Windows XP
Screenshot attached (hopefully).  Task Manager reckons it's using about 50MB of RAM.

Mark Norville

Ok something is defiantly wrong there, apart from the skin but I just checked mine

I am running at 175,248k now 249.872k playing a music video.

If it Is running at 50 megs of ram might explain why the skin is not loading. Is this a fresh install of windows or something that you have had running for ages?

I personally would be looking at a reformat

toastyhamster

Thiis is a very recent clean install of XP,  Touchjams, Zenpoint (up to about 10,000 tracks), Ultimate Jukebox all run fine.  Pretty much got touchjams running how I want, so I'm not going to waste half a day reformatting and messing about with the screen drivers again.  That's the only software on there, it's a really lean build.

Mark Norville

If it is a clean build then you shouldn't have viruses on there which is why I mentioned about reformatting as Windows XP online is not really safe to use any more.

The demo version may have been corrupted somewhere in between do you know what touchscreen you have as some you can use windows 7 on them, but some can be dodgy. Mine came with windows xp but I have mine running on windows 7 but sometimes the driver does not load so I might have to reboot a couple of times to get my touchscreen working, it is a pain but because I have 5 hard drives installed and all sata then windows xp was a pain.