Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Plugins...

Started by Barcrest, December 31, 2007, 08:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

I saw this posted..

http://sandsprite.com/CodeStuff/Understanding_plugins.html

I might try and make some sort of plugin interface, anyone interested?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

well, I know nothing about programing but I think it is a great idea.  That way people can add there own thing if they know how.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

There is now a thred up at BYOAC.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=75010.0

I figured i would jump in on that one and see where that goes, no point re-inventing the wheel.

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

Happy new Years !!!!!

Was there ever any more chat on implementing Remote Control Support ?

I did quite a bit of research and implementation of Remote controls several years back, At some point I even built my own IR RECEIVER.

If we can find/build an inexpensive generic IR receiver (that everyone eould have access to) I would be interested to spend some time on this as I have a little experience with electronics and access to very qualified people to help us.

Any interest?
I would LOOOOOVE to be able to lower/raise volume & skip tracks remotely.

Barcrest

Remote controls are supported. The romte controls buttons basically just read as keypresses so you can alter the volume and add credits ect..

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

I personally dig plugins and have suggested them before, but of course its easy for me to suggest simply becasue I don't know the complexity of how hard they are to implement.

Lets face it Freebox isn't going to get smaller or more slim line. People want features and options. In order to include those features and options the app must get bigger and bigger, however to what expense? Load time and some might even call it bloat.

Going with plugins would allow the core app to do exactly what it was intended to do and allow others to add what they want as long as the plugins are available. Winamp has been doing it for years. It doesn't have the same role as Freebox, but its a pretty good example.

You could have plugins in the admin area for all kinds of things.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

jacktucky

Plugins would be totally cool.  If the documentation is there on how to write a plug in, you'll get some people writing them.  I'd take a shot at it.  I'd love to be able to startup the sirius satellite radio website from freebox.

=J

spacefractal

UncleT (author of Uncle'T Jukebox) and I (author of MultiJuke) have agreed a plugin standard for version 1.0b.

We should now begin to code this plugin standard into thier software, and other authors can do the same..

The only we might do is adding a bit few more commands before 1.0 final.... hence it a 1.0b.

Look over at arcadecontrols.com forum under Jukebox section.

;D, so been ready for codning plugins !!

spacefractal

UncleT and I is finally tweaked the JukePlugSys and is turned to B1.0 FINALLY DONE:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=75083.0

I do hope Barcrest debated a bit more, but that it, but it can still been made a v1.1 in the future if anything is missing.

Now it have fewer, but more powerfull commands  ;D.

Freebox, MultiJuke and Uncle'T Jukebox should not to long add this plugin system.