Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Request Track - Switch Off Email

Started by berrywell, September 17, 2016, 09:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Hi,

Just wondering how to switch off the email notification when a track is requested?

I've tried leaving the two options blank in the Online Settings section of the main Jukebox settings but this just throws up a different error.

Is it possible to switch this off?

Kind Regards

Tel.

Mark Norville

I hide request track to be honest, as if it is your personal jukebox then why would you request a track for? It is just over kill Master in a Star Wars young Obi style voice. Also with the fact of the youtube search, that feature is pretty much dead.

You need to think outside of the box.

P.S Just do not enter your email address into the settings and you will not get any email requests.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Thanks Mark,

I'm just skinning for it at the moment and to be honest this is the first time I've ever used this feature.

I don't have my own email in it, I've left the '@gmail' or whatever is standard with the original installation. When I requested the track, it kept giving me a POP3 error, then when I removed it, it then gave me the error that no email is entered.

Like you say, the internet search has probably made this completely redundant now but I shall finish off skinning it.

Regards
Tel.

Mark Norville

Hi Tel,

Not sure if this will help. Some idiot I forget who his name is now wrote something regarding the sending of emails a while back

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5654.0

It will help if you actually want to stop the error, to have email set up, however it is something that I don't personally use so have just ignored it really.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

I will get this fixed in the next beta, it's clearly a bug. As mark said the online search has pretty much made this feature redundant much like me lol. It is still of some use to those who do not have a jukebox online however with this error even they can't use it. I will have it fixed today.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...