Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

My New Skin (Red n Black HD)

Started by berrywell, September 27, 2016, 12:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

I've been busy working on my first ever skin for what seems like forever now but thankfully It's just about complete, I'm just tinkering with the final little bits n pieces here and there...

Anyway, my skin is a 1920x1080 resolution skin, which I've called 'Red n Black HD' .

This skin is now available to download from the Private Skins section of this forum

I've listed four screenshots below of my new skin...

The main home page...

berrywell

berrywell

berrywell

Mark Norville

Loving the big buttons I cant see much else as on my other monitor so I am on portrait rather than landscape, but I do like those buttons.

Shall have a look as soon as these updates are completed on the other machine.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Finally a new skin, looks good dude.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on September 27, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
Loving the big buttons I cant see much else as on my other monitor so I am on portrait rather than landscape, but I do like those buttons.

Shall have a look as soon as these updates are completed on the other machine.

Regards

Mark

The big buttons inspiration came from the Sound Leisure (MiM) jukebox they have in my local pub, I did try and replicate it quite closely to start with until I realised it didn't appear to have any uniformity to their skin.

I don't know if you found the same problem when making your skins, but I found it very difficult not to replicate buttons from previous older skins. On several occasions I made a few buttons only to discover they were nigh on identical to older skins and it looked like I had just half inched them, very frustrating.

Quote from: Barcrest on September 27, 2016, 12:21:06 PM
Finally a new skin, looks good dude.
Thank you, Sorry that it's not a 4:3 skin though.

Do many people still use 4:3 touchscreen monitor?

Mark Norville

I have all three now. You will have 43 on older cabs, 169 on monitors and I am 768 x 1366 on my new monitor.

I will be using the 32 inch now for my jukebox but will finish off the skins for it.

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

Nice job.

All I have managed to do is create a couple of buttons so far  ::)

Mark Norville

Quote from: berrywell on September 27, 2016, 01:19:09 PM

I don't know if you found the same problem when making your skins, but I found it very difficult not to replicate buttons from previous older skins. On several occasions I made a few buttons only to discover they were nigh on identical to older skins and it looked like I had just half inched them, very frustrating.

God no, to be honest I wanted to clone NSM and other jukeboxes. I would not copy any of the previous skins, as I said to you think outside of the box. You have done good graphics, which I am going to try and copy I thought you said you was no good at photoshop? lol

I am not sure if I will make them chrome, but I do want your background images on a button. At the moment I am still sorting out computers but I am puzzled at the moment as the card is the same a 710 GTX but one is from ASUS and one is from Gigabyte, both 1 gig DDR3.

The ASUS has a rating of 5.3 and 6.7 for graphics and yet the Gigabyte has 2.5 and 6.7 for Aero and and gaming graphics.

I shall finish this quickly as display is going crazy.

berrywell

If you like the look of this skin, it's now available to download from the Private Skins section of this forum. :)

Mark Norville

Swine I do not have access to that lol

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on September 30, 2016, 02:15:17 PM

You haven't? How come? Doesn't everyone with a paid up version of E-Touch get access to the Private skins section??

Barcrest

Quote from: berrywell on September 30, 2016, 02:38:24 PM
Quote from: Mark Norville on September 30, 2016, 02:15:17 PM

You haven't? How come? Doesn't everyone with a paid up version of E-Touch get access to the Private skins section??

The private section if for Lifetime members and commercial users, Mark is a V9 supporter. There is a V10 Skin releases section that V10 supporters can access.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I will eventually upgrade just to give you a few more beer tokens, but wont be this month, as been spending and spending. I just brought a 780 ti GTX graphics card for the arcade machine, and I still need to buy a hard drive which is going to be my months spending so I will be looking at November or possibly holding back until next year with Xmas coming up.

Credit cards are handy but paying them back is a pain, but with out it I wouldn't have been able to buy my 32 inch monitor, which is touch screen by the way, just incase I have not mentioned that before ;) Three graphics cards, a 610, 710 now a 780. A computer, a SSD and of course beer.

I am looking at a 4tb as apparently they are supposed to be better than the 3tb which I was quite shocked about, but according to graphs they are less likely to fail than the 3tb versions.

I think you have my email Tel, if you want to send it, so I can have a look at those buttons, and how you get those buttons on the left lol

Regards

Mark