Main Menu

Fan art not working V10

Started by rumackay, November 03, 2016, 10:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumackay

Cheers Mark

Newly generated files

Manually set options in program

Copied fan art files into folder...actually, now that I think about it...when I first did the install I went to copy the fan art images into the fan art folder but there wasn't a fan art folder. So I just copy/pasted the whole folder into the directory, named "Fanart" just the same as v8's folder. Could that have something to do with it?

The genres thing is from media monkey. I never use genres in etouch but tried checking the options like you had in your config to see if it made any difference

Mark Norville

Yeah a folder called Fanart should have been generated.

I would delete all your fanart and then generate with getting from audio db ticked. I am shooting a barrel of fish here, but I always try the unexpected and it works in the end
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

rumackay

Giving that a go. Looks like the audiodb download might take a while though :)

Mark Norville

If need be I would suggest making a temp folder, copy about 10 artists maybe, and point to that directory if you want to test something quick. I will check around my settings and see if there is anything else
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

I have gone through my config, and nothing in the settings on the program that would affect the fanart, so I think it has something to do with config 9.

Mark Norville

Also take a look at this for tagging http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=6010.0 I was messing around with mp3 tag, until I found this, I went through my back catalogue that I was retagging within days and with MP3 tag it was taking weeks, months until I was fed up of it, but thanks to this I now have a second wind for tagging.

rumackay

I dunno if it makes any difference but mine is called config10

Mark Norville

It will work same way or should be

rumackay

It's about halfway through the generating db and it looks like the fanart images are being created in the arists/images folder instead of the fanart folder in v8...

ecbrad

From memory Fant Art is a manual process as in you need to gran it yourself. It's always created a folder for me though.

AudioDB will grab Artist Info and Bios. I could be wrong though.

Brad

rumackay

Audiodb did get the banners, info and bios as well as filling the artist/image folder with pics of the artists but those don't show anywhere that I can see.

I can see the banners but still no fan art. Where exactly are the fanart files supposed to go?

Mark Norville

My fanart is in

c:\jukebox software\Fanart

2 Unlimited

jpeg x 2

In the text file it says this Place fanart images here named artist.jpg

Regards

Mark

rumackay

Yep, got that too. It was the same for my v8 folder which I copied across

Sounds like you're using v9 Mark which seems to be working the same with the same settings as my old v8. Has something changed from v8/v9 to v10 because I see the artist folder now has a few sub folders (images, audio, related, video) and obviously fanart isn't working for me using the same settings that I was using in v8?

Barcrest

Do you have a folder for each artist under the fanart folder? So you have say;

\fanart\beck\image1.jpg

This is so you can have multiple images for each artist.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay

And there it is...see...I told you it would be something simple

V10 now requires a subfolder for each artist in the fanart folder. Works great now, cheers everyone for the help. That's why I love this software and this forum  :beer

Now I'm going to spend the next few weeks creating folders for each artist  :tommy  ;D

Couple of questions on the subject:

- The two sliders under the fanart choices, why have two for each transparency?
- What are the images in the artist/images folder used for?