Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Fan art not working V10

Started by rumackay, November 03, 2016, 10:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

The sliders alter than transparency on different screens.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

Quote from: rumackay on November 05, 2016, 10:50:19 PM
And there it is...see...I told you it would be something simple

V10 now requires a subfolder for each artist in the fanart folder. Works great now, cheers everyone for the help. That's why I love this software and this forum  :beer

Now I'm going to spend the next few weeks creating folders for each artist  :tommy  ;D

Couple of questions on the subject:

- The two sliders under the fanart choices, why have two for each transparency?
- What are the images in the artist/images folder used for?

Surely this can be automated?

I would think that generating a library with Fan Art checked would also create the folders?

Brad

Mark Norville

It used to scrape and create fanart. I have been sorting out one of my other computers, so installed etouch tonight, but need to put some music files on, but I was having fanart scrape for me. I certainly would not put fanart for artists, infact I hate fanart with a passion, as if a skinner has not positioned correctly then it looks bloody awful.

I don't mind banners and logos so much, but you create a skin, and then suddenly have Peter Andre for example face on your screen, it is a waste of time designing, even more so with his face

It is not bad if you lower the transparency and have it on a black background, so barely showing.

However with my fanart it was creating a directory and then calling files such as ad8948r5934.jpg inside of that artist directory.

I might try tonight or tomorrow as need to transfer some files over oh sod it will try now, otherwise I won't be able to sleep, it will keep going on in my mind lol

Back soon

Ok forget that idea, I cannot do nothing until tomorrow as I took my SSD out and used it for my arcade cabinet, so I need to format a hard drive tomorrow and install windows for a stop gap.

Sorry for my unusual (coughs) rant, but I hate fanart lol

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

rumackay

Quote from: ecbrad on November 08, 2016, 11:20:35 PM

I would think that generating a library with Fan Art checked would also create the folders?

Brad

I can't find that option, but then again I've missed other obvious things here as well  ;D

I've been looking for a script or something to automatically create the folders but none of the options I've found work

Mark Norville

Honestly on version 9 it was scraping the fanart itself I think it then stopped for a bit, and then restarted. I have no mp3s to do a test on this computer, and gone 1am here now, so cannot be bothered to hook up the other PC to try it out.

I just checked a directory on this computer, and I have fanart and very recent fanart as well, as I was doing the charts so I started from 1950's onwards and I have directories for

Bing Crosby
Doris Day
Frank Sinatra
Jo Stafford

etc

I know I certainly did not set up fanart folders for it.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Brad

I just ticked 'Grab Artist Info From AUDIODB' in the E-Touch Config software & this created all the necessary FanArt Artist Folders & jpg files in the main Fanart folder for me. I am using the very latest version of V10, I will admit though, this did take a good two or three hours to complete.

Mark Norville

Quote from: berrywell on November 09, 2016, 08:21:12 AM

Brad

I just ticked 'Grab Artist Info From AUDIODB' in the E-Touch Config software & this created all the necessary FanArt Artist Folders & jpg files in the main Fanart folder for me. I am using the very latest version of V10, I will admit though, this did take a good two or three hours to complete.

I thank you, I said about config 9 and ticking that box since page 1, but as per usual no one listens to me :( lol

Mark Norville

I just done generate library on a new hard drive, and I have 129 fan arts in my directory, generated automatically via the program, no creating directories etc myself.

ecbrad

That's what I thought as I've never created these folders. I also have a backup of all that data so I don't have to re-download it. The audiodb options take so long to grab.

I use fan art and when transparency is set to low I think it looks fantastic.

Brad

Mark Norville

Yeah it can do, it can obviously go down, but also scraping too much can be a bad thing all at once. It might have a timeout set and with probably millions now scraping every day, it takes a hammering.

As you say though, you really need the transparency set to a low to get the best from it, and I think a black background looks a lot better, sadly you cannot set things up for that when skinning, I have seen some skins, and they look good, and then suddenly you have fanart sticking out like a sore thumb, but also part of the skin design, so it is like having two clashing wall papers on you front room wall.

It would be great in an ideal World, if you could make a skin, and think set transparency to 10 in the skin settings, and then the skin is ready to go. If someone does not have transparency on it really looks odd and intimidating as some people don't want to play around with options, myself included, just want something that works out the box.

Regards

Mark

rumackay

Quick update. Finally found an easy program called "Files 2 Folders" that helped with the creating folders thing. Dunno if anyone else will ever run into this issue but I'll leave this here just in case

Files-2-Folders

Cheers again guys  :beer

Mark Norville

Just tried the files 2 folders thing, and very cool, I can imagine that this would save a bit of time when doing music videos, so shall try that out the next time that I start downloading videos again.