Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Fan art not working V10

Started by rumackay, November 03, 2016, 10:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumackay

Just bought a new computer and bigger touch screen monitor and upgraded form v8 to v10. I've managed to import most of the settings, fan art files and play history but fan art isn't working. I'm using the updated Black n Blue skin (tried the default skins as well) and I've got the boxes checked on the options screen and it was working no problems on the old computer so I'm stumped. I'm missing something simple (as is usually the case) but any help appreciated

Mark Norville

How do you mean you are importing the settings? Are you copying files from your version 8 directory to 10?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Check the opacity levels on the sliders are set high enough.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay

Mark - I made a note of the settings I had in v8 and tried to set as many the same as I could in v10 through the options screen

Barry - Yep, tried the sliders in heaps of positions before posting, no joy. I notice there are two sliders for each option. What are they designed to do?

Mark Norville

Fanart working my end sadly, I hate the stuff.

My settings, in button settings

Easier to show a screen grab

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

rumackay

Mark Norville

You have those three ticked but a lot of settings missing. I am surprised it works lol

rumackay

Yeah, a lot of stuff that I don't use or want the boys to be able to use. Surely some of those settings can't be linked to fan art not showing could they?

Mark Norville

I presume you do actually have fan art in the fan art folder?

I would check config 9 and check to see if you have grab artist from audiodb.

Regards

Mark

rumackay

Yep, the same image files from the previous version that was working

I don't have "grab artist from audiodb" checked either. There IS an "album artist tag" option that wasn't there in the previous version, but I have artist and album artist tagged the same way for all albums/tracks so that shouldn't matter either way should it?

Mark Norville

I would tick that and generate database again just to make sure all the files are lined up, nothing to lose.

rumackay

Just tried with and without "album artist tag" checked...no luck either way  :(

Mark Norville

I have included a pic of my config 9 settings.

Just to check,

1) You installed outside of c:\program files and you installed as administrator?

2) You are running the program as administrator? Including config9

Regards

Mark

rumackay

Yep, installed in c: and running both as admin

Mark Norville

Tick the grab artist info on config.

Did you physically copy any files across from one set up to another, or is it all newly generated?

If you did copy files across, I would get rid of the lot and start again. I would also look at your tagging as I notice that you have pop, 80's for example. It is not good having stuff like that.

I am going to get you set up and working, even if I have to stay up all night