News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

'My E-Touch' - Does anyone use this feature? Feedback please.

Started by berrywell, November 23, 2016, 09:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Hi all,

I was just looking for some more feedback & hopefully I will get some replies :)

The 'My E-Touch' section within the Jukebox software, does anyone use this feature? I personally do not but I was just wondered if anyone else does? Do people use it for party's etc?

The reason I am asking is that I'm close to completing a couple of seasonal skins (4:3 & 16:9). It's just that I was wondering whether to bother skinning the 'My E-Touch' screens, as I feel they are the most complex to skin for after the actual Album page screen. That said, I don't mind making those screens but I just felt that if no one uses them, I personally wouldn't bother.
Then again, maybe no one will bother using my skins other than me lol.

Any constructive feedback will be gratefully accepted.  :beer

Regards

Tel.

Mark Norville

You know what I am going to say "Think outside of the box"

I have never used this, do not see the point of it, but I know that when I am skinning, then I am skinning for myself. If someone else enjoys my skin then so be it, if they don't then tough.

A small family may possibly use it, but I would say the chances are very slim, a pub jukebox again the chances are even slimmer, especially if you have a long list of people drinking, it would cause too much confusion and people not forgetting to sign out.

I have just tried it and get rid of it, I just tried it and awkward, to say the least, I will not be including it I know that much.

The main question should be, is do YOU want it? Forget about everyone else.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

lol, Thanks Mark,  ;D

You know what, I didn't think you would say 'think outside of the box'  ;D lol

Seriously though, I personally don't see what purpose the 'My E-Touch' feature serves, hence why I asked on here if anyone used it, as it would then maybe give me some insight into how & what they use it for.

I've always skinned this section last as it takes so much effort for such little return, I make sure I've completely finished the other pages first. I don't mind putting the effort into the Album page as this is the one that's going to be used most of the time but the My E-Touch is a lot of effort for such little return.

I'll see if anyone else replies saying whether they use it or not but as it stands I'll probably not bother with it.

Regards

Tel.

Barcrest

My E-touch was for personalized charts etc and you can store credits that are there when you log back in. Also it shows who added what song to the queue when used. There might have been some other things it's been a while since that was all put together.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

You could always skin that page as I personally would with the admin screen.

I will give an example, the admin screen is a screen that the public do not see. Why bother skinning that to the same standard as the main skin?

Why not have one say just a black background, and then use the same buttons as you do with the millionth and one skin that you have designed?

It would save a bit of time e.g I know you are doing a chrimbo skin, do you really need to do chrimbo graphics just for the admin screen?

Would it not save time just creating one decent admin screen that you can use when ever, you are saving yourself time and energy doing it that way.

Regards

Thinking Outside Of The Box "Mark Norville"
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Quote from: Barcrest on November 23, 2016, 10:41:31 AM
My E-touch was for personalized charts etc and you can store credits that are there when you log back in. Also it shows who added what song to the queue when used. There might have been some other things it's been a while since that was all put together.

Thanks Barry for your feedback,

Hopefully over the Christmas period I will find time to have a play with this feature and see what exactly it does.

Quote from: Mark Norville on November 23, 2016, 10:44:22 AM
You could always skin that page as I personally would with the admin screen.

I will give an example, the admin screen is a screen that the public do not see. Why bother skinning that to the same standard as the main skin?

Why not have one say just a black background, and then use the same buttons as you do with the millionth and one skin that you have designed?

It would save a bit of time e.g I know you are doing a chrimbo skin, do you really need to do chrimbo graphics just for the admin screen?

Would it not save time just creating one decent admin screen that you can use when ever, you are saving yourself time and energy doing it that way.

Regards

Thinking Outside Of The Box "Mark Norville"

Thanks 'Thinking Outside Of The Box' Mark, :D lol :D

To be honest, that's basically all I did with my Halloween skin that I quickly shoved together. All of the 'My E-Touch' details are in that skin but I didn't really set up the background layout properly for it.
Hopefully, if I get time, I will skin those pages as well, depends on how much time I have now.

The Millionth and one skins I've made??? :D lol I've only made 3 so far, two 1920x1080 and the half baked Halloween skin that I didn't have time to finish off correctly & to be honest, that was a rip off of Coffee's skin.

Christmas will soon be here now.

Regards

Tel.

Mark Norville

Three more than I have completed, ideas are one thing, actually finishing them off are another.

As soon as I hit a problem, or come up with a new idea, everything goes out the window. I lose focus easy, I am on the gaming PC at the moment, I have my home cinema PC that needs to be put back together on the couch, the jukebox PC that will probably become my work PC, after I replace the mobo with a fully functioning one, then I can build a new PC with the dodgy mobo add more hard drives, so I have almost unlimited space for music, video and karaoke.

I look like a second hand computer shop at the moment, not forgetting the NVIDIA Shield which I brought for my Christmas present so playing with that as well.

Then Christmas is only a month away or almost, then I got to think about cooking Christmas dinner, getting drunk, so bloody stop moaning,

At least you finished three skins.

Moaning barstool lol