Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Ratings

Started by hueyland, February 23, 2017, 06:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hueyland

wondering if there is a way to rate songs as they are playing?  I was hoping that, over time, I could review songs by rating...  I can't find any way to enable this functionality in the settings, and I couldn't find anything in the forum..

Mark Norville

I do not know 100% but I would say no. I am saying no as visualisations can happen with a timer, so if that is within 1 second then pretty much the juke locks itself.

I personally never use the ratings, and strip them out when I am skinning, as I find it a waste of time, what you might like now might change in six months.

Not sure if Barry or someone else can add input to this more so for you, but that is my guess.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

hueyland

yea, I always remove any ratings when I'm tagging as well - mainly because I don't necessarily agree with other people's ratings!  but if I could assign my own ratings, it might be very cool.  I have about 90,000 songs in my database, and most of the time I just let it play at random - occasionally I hear a tune that I really like and I'm either not familiar with, or forgot, and then I'd love to be able to tag it as a favorite, or assign a rating to it..  equally, I hear plenty of songs come up that I really don't want to hear ever again!  I'd love to tag those as 1 star!  then eventually, it would be cool to be able to be able to randomize based on rating - so, maybe only play songs I tagged as 5 stars for parties!

Mark Norville

Oh I am not talking about other people tagging, I am talking about me tagging my own music as you want to do.

I love 80's, however, there are some songs I like one day and some that I hate a few months later.

If you are tagging your own music for your rating, you could listen to say culture club chameleon chameleon, and then the next you are listening to a romantic song, simply because you liked that song as 5.

The romantic song would not go well after a pop song, then you are constantly changing ratings.

I strip ratings from my skins, simply because they are too awkward to rate.

You can use the DJ function to play specific genres.

I do not have etouch installed until probably tomorrow now, so I cannot test it for you, but being able to rate a song, to me is over rated excusing the pun.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Just to add to this, this is my train of thought anyway, you could just make collections of your favourite music, and then load the collections, or play lists.

This would be a lot easier than worrying about ratings, as if other people use your jukebox beside's you. You might get barbie girl being played and if you hate that song, then it is still rated as five.

hueyland

aw c'mon!  what's wrong with Barbie Girl??? ok - point made!  good example

and yes, lots of people use my jukebox.... it's always a big hit!  but, despite 90,000 songs - someone always finds ONE I don't have....

berrywell

Wouldn't making a few playlists be what you require here? You can quickly add the song you like, that you're playing, to a playlist quite easily from the E-Touch.

Sadly, I can't help you on the ratings system as I simply untick that feature in the E-Touch options menu. I've no idea whether the star rating is set within E-Touch or it reads it from the the mp3 tag.

Barcrest

Quote from: hueyland on February 23, 2017, 10:02:23 PM
despite 90,000 songs - someone always finds ONE I don't have....

And for this reason you need to upgrade to V10 with the online search and play. You will never have this issue again.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

hueyland

BARCREST - wow - awesome!  I don't really keep up to date with all the new features...  I/m not even sure what version I am using, but I'm guessing it's probably 7 or 8!  It justs runs so smoothly - with no issues - that I never even think of upgrading...

BUT - I think tomorrow morning I will be!

thanks!

also - if I add songs to a playlist, can I randomize the playing of the list? I have playlists deselected

berrywell

Quote from: hueyland on February 24, 2017, 02:21:09 PM
also - if I add songs to a playlist, can I randomize the playing of the list? I have playlists deselected

I can't remember off hand if you can actually randomise the playlist or whether you need to add 'Playlist to Queue' and then press 'Shuffle Queue'.

hueyland

Barcrest

Quote from: hueyland on February 24, 2017, 02:21:09 PM
BARCREST - wow - awesome!  I don't really keep up to date with all the new features...  I/m not even sure what version I am using, but I'm guessing it's probably 7 or 8!  It justs runs so smoothly - with no issues - that I never even think of upgrading...

BUT - I think tomorrow morning I will be!

thanks!

You can always back up the existing install so you can roll back if you have any issues but 10 seems pretty stable right now.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...