News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Experiencing problems with V10 menu (SOLVED)

Started by kelso1, March 25, 2017, 10:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelso1

It seems that no matter what resolution settings that I change, I cannot reat the menu options properly. It seems to look smashed or missing lines. This is the same on two different laptops

Mark Norville

Which skin are you trying to use and which operating system are you using? Also what resolutions are you trying?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

kelso1

Neither skin in the demo version works properly. I have run 1024x768, 1024x1080, 800x600. I cannot reat anything in any menu setting properly.

Mark Norville

I am just downloading the demo version now, as do not have it installed on this PC, I shall give it a try on my monitor. If you can take a screen shot to show what is happening would be great,
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

kelso1

I cannot resize it small enough. Any other way?

kelso1

As odd as this seems, full screen is huge and only shows about 1/4 of the skin. "Upper left portion". I tried to set  the manual screen adjustment to 1920x1080, but that has no effect

Mark Norville

The demo skins are 1024 x 768 I cannot test the demo as I do not have any MP3's on this computer, and I was turning in for the night so not going to mess around tonight.

If you can take a screen grab that would show what is happening, how old is your laptop even though that should not make much of a difference, what OS are you running, what graphics card are you running?

Have you installed the demo as admin?
Have you installed outside of c:\program files

I am hitting the sack now, but someone else might be on later to give some input, if not someone will tomorrow.

Regards

Mark

kelso1

On the laptop I'm running Win 7. It installed under admin. The vid card is a ATI Radeon imbedded in the mobo.

kelso1

It did install in program files. Is this an issue?

Mark Norville

A lot of programs need to be outside of c:\program files so that they work properly, the program files directory is protected, and very few things should be installed in it.

It shouldn't be a massive for the graphics, you are the only person I know whom has had this problem.

I would suggest update your graphic drivers and install outside of program files, into C:\Jukebox or something like that

kelso1

Ok I will update drivers and reinstall program

kelso1

It works fine now. I don't know if it was drivers or program path related,  but thank you. I can properly demo this now. BTW is there anyway that I can view a list of available skins? I see some user made ones in the gallery, but It's hard to tell what else is available. Not liking the Touchgenipattern at all.

kelso1

This brings me to another question. Can I remove the audio saying what the track name is? Can I also remove the Clear Cue button on the Cue list? I am interested in the cloned commercial skins, so that might just be the path I go.

Mark Norville

All what you need to do is go into the TTS folder in the etouch directory and then edit those files, you can also delete the folder.

kelso1

Does this include the "Clear Cue" button too?