Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Now playing Screen Pop Ups?

Started by Risim, April 07, 2017, 12:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Is it possible some way some how to have images pop up at the corners of the screen like you see on tv.  Maybe a gif show up at the corner inviting you to play your music, buy something, or a reminder for happy hour.  I think this will give an awesome pro look.  Just throwing it out there. :beer

Mark Norville

Do you mean when a song is playing or on idle?

You already have an attract mode where you can play stuff via the program, but you can also use the screen saver as well for advertisements.

You could just use the screen saver filled with adverts when no one is using the box, so when they walk past it is showing adverts, otherwise, unless you are displaying on a second screen, then no one really sees the adverts in my view anyway.

I put music on and go and sit down.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

With how the Now Playing page is currently designed, you could technically already do this by creating a scrolling/animated  'now playing.gif' with the necessary advert/information.
You would also need to go to the skin tool and place the 'gif tab' in the necessary place and size on the now plating screen. Then place the gif you've created by calling it 'now playing.gif' in the images folder of the skin you're using.

However, E-Touch only supports one gif on the Now Playing page and this would be displayed all the time.
Also, depending on the size and amount of scrolling information in the gif, this files could potentially run into many 10's of Megabytes but if you've got a reasonable powerful machine this probably wouldn't be a problem.

Barcrest

As the others say I think this is already covered by what is already in the juke, if you were after something different then please let us know.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I just had another idea as well. I am not sure if Barry has sorted out the song facts.

However, my train of thought is thus, replace the song facts with advertisements

"Buy at sloppy joes"

That would be another hack.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

This is how I have got mine but harder to find vertical adverts, but also have other images as well such as music posters for movies

Plus I have Darth Vader as well, that is a must ;)

Mark Norville

I just found another solution for you

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17878/visualizations-for-windows-media-player download Picture Viz I or II

Install into Windows Media Player so when a song plays instead of having flashing cubes etc etc

You can display adverts instead.

Risim

HMMM really... I thought this was an add on.  I do have swfs files for when the jukebox is at idel but it always come up full screen I was thinking while the song was playing have just small grafics show up via the corners.  Then again I think I can do this with the current setup I will just take a screen shot of the album page and do the popups and create an swf.  Thanks for the info guys :beer

Risim

Quote from: Mark Norville on April 07, 2017, 09:05:18 AM

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17878/visualizations-for-windows-media-player download Picture Viz I or II

Install into Windows Media Player so when a song plays instead of having flashing cubes etc etc

I dont get it? :-\

Mark Norville

If you have visualizations playing while a song is playing, that uses windows media player as a plug in. You have vortex etc however, instead of that you can use pictures.

So instead of something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLLlB5Pjsi8 you can have adverts show up instead

Mark Norville

I just had a quick play to show you what I mean video is only 14 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOxmsNEiKWg

Imagine music playing, and then your adverts showing like a music video would

Risim

what plugin do I need to do this?

Mark Norville

Cutting and pasting from my earlier suggestion, where you went huh? lol

Mark Norville

Quote from: Risim on April 07, 2017, 12:36:42 PM
Quote from: Mark Norville on April 07, 2017, 09:05:18 AM

I dont get it? :-\

You probably do now lol

Risim

OHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUU!!!!!! ::) ::) ::)

I see it now!!! Picture viz duh!  thanks Mark