Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Pop up jump to letter.

Started by sparkie15, April 17, 2017, 09:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkie15

Is there any way to remove the black box that appears when you choose a letter to jump to on main screen.  Its a bit off putting and spoils the look of the skin and in my opinion totally unnecessary as it doesn't tell you anything you don't know..
I've looked in settings but no luck..
Cheers 

Mark Norville

Firstly you have to say what skin you are using, each skin is different.

Secondly to make alterations to any skin then you need to use skintool.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

Sorry mate for being so vague i thought it was maybe a tick box that i was overlooking as there are a great selection of options.  Its the BlueNeon 1920x1080.  When u press the letter selcetion buttons on top a big black box appears on main screen with the letter you chose in it.  It just spoils the look.  Ill take a look at the skin tool..
Thanks

Mark Norville

Some dodgy git designed that, Berryocean? Berrypie? Ah Berrywell skinned that one lol

He is lurking, so as it is his skin, I shall leave it to him.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

Ha its a good skin just a few niggles but it looks like most skins have this large pop up box on.  It looks ugly.  Just need it removing. As for skin tool woosh way over my head.   

Mark Norville

sparkie15

How long for ;D..My jukey case is nearly done and want to put a graphic behind perspex surround to compliment the skin i use.. Choices Choices..

Mark Norville

You need to check your screen size first, no point in you having an monster, if all you can handle is a mouse

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on April 17, 2017, 10:32:32 AM
Some dodgy git designed that, Berryocean? Berrypie? Ah Berrywell skinned that one lol

He is lurking, so as it is his skin, I shall leave it to him.

Hey Mark,

This isn't my skin, it was originally made by DaDuber for V9 in 1600x900 resolution and then updated to 1920x1080 by Kelvinpowercom.

That box, I believe, is there so you can type in the full artist name and directly jump to that rather than just the start of the artists section starting with that letter. Whether that can be turned off in the E-Touch settings I have no idea.

Mark Norville

Oh well I copied your mistake lol Oooops my apologies to saying the wrong skinner.

Damm you man lol

I will have a look at the skin later see what he means.

I just had a quick look at the skin in question, you should be able to remove it somehow, but I am not going to mess around any more as I am wasting time skinning, when I have some down time later, then I might have a look and see if I can remove it, it is a bit annoying, but there might be a timer or something to control how long that box comes up for.

sparkie15

Cant find anything on settings and nothing on skin tool but im new to this and just managed to move some buttons to where i prefer them and changed a few other bits..If anyone can remove let me know it would be much appreciated..
Thanks

kevinlpowercom

Barry told me it was hard coded.

Mark Norville

I am not sure if it is because you have it on the main screen, but if you have it on a separate page, that does not come up. It just jumps to letter. I will give it a try now, as sat at the PC for a break, if it is hard coded, that should be easy to change the timer on it, as it does seem to stay on the page for about 3 to 5 seconds which is a bit of a pain.

OK make that tomorrow then, as forgot I am on another PC and do not have it installed on here.

Yeah it does look as if it is hard coded if you have the letters on the album screen. I forgot I have got it on here but no music files. I will try seeing what happens if you have it on the main screen rather than the album screen.

Ok that is totally different, it just leads you to the jump page rather than letters.

Barcrest

It is so you can hit a second letter. The background for it is hard coded but it should be skinable.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...