Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Urgent help won't load

Started by sparkie15, January 27, 2018, 07:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkie15

Please help stuck on loading skin page having party tonight uninstalled and deleted on c but still same when reloads and still remembers setup..

sparkie15

Also crashes taskbar when exiting using task manager..

Mark Norville

Have you deleted it from registry as well? Do you have a bad album that it does not like?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

just deleting all registry in regedit but tried it with just audio and just video and same

sparkie15

am i right in thinking im searching all regedit for etouch and deleting all associated fies

Mark Norville

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

Deleted all files associated with etouch but still loads skin from previous setup as if it remembers it.  Also doesn't ask me for password again as I thought it might

Mark Norville

You are not deleting everything then, when you delete it from the registry, it will ask you for your email and password again.

What version of etouch are you using now?

sparkie15

Still using v10 I go into regedit and search etouch ive now deleted everything except default as it wont let you.  When I search now it just says finished search wit no results is there something else I should be searching for.  The config allows me to scan but as soon as I launch etough it freezes on loading skin.  Still recognises old skin ive assigned and not default..

Mark Norville

You are not deleting everything in registry, as you should have nothing left, I am not sure what you mean default? It should remove everything that you tell it to do.

If you install it again, make sure that the old skin that you was using is installed, so that it might be able to load that skin up, rather than crashing.

Trust you to have a problem so late, good job I was sat at the computer for two minutes.

I cannot comment on version 10 only 9, but 9 works flawsley for me, someone was using the beta version and having problems

sparkie15

when you go in reg editor  thereis a default with value not set that cant be deleted

Mark Norville

If it is a etouch directory in regedit you should be able to delete it

Look for etouch and make sure that you delete everything, there should be nothing left. I cannot remember the other terms I search for as 9pm now in the UK.

To be safe try version 9

sparkie15

give up hate windows 7 going to go 10 tomorrow and reinstall.. Thanks Anyway mark

Mark Norville

Windows 7 is better than 10, it has nothing to do with the operating system. I now have 10 installed on my gaming pc mainly for xbox, but if you go to 10, support might be less on the ground.

Thomo

try doing a new installation but to a different directory, eg if old installation was c:\etouch install the new one to c:\etouch10, if you have the same problem loading again then it wont be a registry problem so look elsewhere
Remember to edit etouch exe to "run as administrator"