Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Trimming Most Played File

Started by Gaucho, October 23, 2018, 11:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaucho

Hi Barry,

Is there a way of automatically trimming the most played/History files to say just 30 days or top 50.

The files get very big and delay the loading of etouch and I have been manually doing it but sometimes make a mistake which corrupts the records.

Barcrest

You should be able to do it with the history edit tool. Trim the history and remove the most played file and it will recreate it on boot up.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

O.K. thanks Barry.

Does it not use the most played for creating the venue charts?

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on October 26, 2018, 09:51:26 AM
O.K. thanks Barry.

Does it not use the most played for creating the venue charts?

Yes but once your charts are created it will not remove them

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Barcrest

If you are unsure just back up your history files before you trim them

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Risim

so this is done one song at a time ???  Can etouch limit how much user history to save?

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on December 15, 2018, 12:18:11 PM
so this is done one song at a time ???  Can etouch limit how much user history to save?

No it will save everything for commercial licence compliance.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on December 15, 2018, 02:58:35 PM

Yeah I comply but after I report a quarter I can delete it from user history thus reducing load time.  So right now 1 song at a time?  Any ideas on doing it from my end?  I mean I open userhistory in notepad and its info is all over the place thus making it hard to  erase a specific part.

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on December 16, 2018, 11:03:59 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on December 15, 2018, 02:58:35 PM

Yeah I comply but after I report a quarter I can delete it from user history thus reducing load time.  So right now 1 song at a time?  Any ideas on doing it from my end?  I mean I open userhistory in notepad and its info is all over the place thus making it hard to  erase a specific part.

Each record has a set number of characters for it's field, this is why it seems disjointed in notepad. Are you using the history edit tool to trim the file?

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Gaucho on October 23, 2018, 11:58:37 AM
Hi Barry,

Is there a way of automatically trimming the most played/History files to say just 30 days or top 50.

The files get very big and delay the loading of etouch and I have been manually doing it but sometimes make a mistake which corrupts the records.

I still cant do this... :o

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on July 03, 2021, 02:00:48 PM
Quote from: Gaucho on October 23, 2018, 11:58:37 AM
Hi Barry,

I still cant do this... :o

I could add something to the history edit tool.

How would you want this to work? I was thinking of button to remove the last x enteries or something like enteries older than x days?

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Updated History Edit tool in the beta section. Should do what you want, added the option to remove enteries over X days old. Please carry on discussion about this in that thred.

Jukebox Stats...

BeefSupreme

new tool is working fine as much as I can test. I havent a history longer than a day while as im still setting everything up. But it does clear all & I dont have to click/delete/repeat any longer. So that is already a win for me.
-We can share the women, We can share the wine-