Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Bug Report 08/01/2019 (Post Of Posts)

Started by wwwombat, January 08, 2019, 02:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwwombat

NOT BUGS PER SE BUT MORESO FUTURE "WISHLIST" ITEMS

I'll just throw these all into one post here. Contains:-
  • PLAYLIST OPTIONS - SHOULD THEY DISPLAY COVER ART?
  • KEYBOARD - CONTEMPLATE ADDING (SOME) NATIONAL CHARACTERS?
  • "AUDIO AVAILABLE" BUTTON?
  • ALBUM TRACK DISPLAY PAGE TO POSSIBLY DISPLAY SONG DATE RANGE?

I might have missed a couple thanks to my memory on any given day but that should be enough for now to keep you busy  ;)

Cheers,

Wombat

wwwombat

Quote from: Barcrest on September 16, 2019, 10:19:02 AM
I will be closing the site down this year. I have just paid for 3 months hosting (Well paypal took it before I could cancel it). After that it is done.

Back after a long absence and sad to hear the above and presumably with it updates to Etouch... it offered a lot of features (especially the charts) that I haven't seen in other jukebox software.

It's therefore probably a forlorn hope, but did any of these bugs I reported in this thread get addressed (1-8 especially.... I think 9 got fixed)?

I'm hesitant to download the latest iteration of the software because it appears that might be introducing new problems (with apparent advice to rollback to a previous version).

Barcrest

10.1.9 should work. It would just be a case of backing up your existing install before trying and if you have issues just copy your previous version back.

I have had very little feedback on the latest release as to what is fixed.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

wwwombat

Barry... downloaded and retesting above with 10.1.9 now some 9 months have passed (Wow! knew I'd been away for a while...)

Previously you postulated what could be happening in #9 (duplicate queue items when don't allow any) but don't know if you did anything to fix it at the time. Haven't done enough playing yet under current version to see if this reoccurs.

Also we tracked down the conditions in #11 (crossfade) and the details can be found in that thread (single screen vs dual screen basically.)

However, ALL of the other items still appear to be issues and you can click and read the relevant threads again to see what I deduced in my debugging (and screenshots to help describe the problem.)

The most annoying to me/my users at the moment are #5 (audio chart lookup for songs that are "last' in their letter grouping) and the possibly related #1 (video chart lookup for "Z" songs)

Not sure how keen you are to chase down these old bugs (reported January on v10.1.6 but they existed well before that) or were overwhelmed at the time but would be nice to resolve.

Barcrest

Some of those could be pretty easy to fix, I am not expecting to add anything new.

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

Barry, while your looking at the above bugs, please don't forget about these two:

Jump to letters A and # don't work when using the popup letter option. (The letters work when using the options to always have them on the screen)

When the now playing screen is shown on the second screen, the album cover for the Coming Next song doesn't show, but it does show on the main screen.

And one last oddity, not sure if it is skin related or not.  When you add a song to the que, and have show confirmation added, it shows the name of the artist and album selected, but if you add a whole album, it either shows the name and artist of the last song selected, or just label 39 label 39 if no previous song was selected.

Thanks for looking at these.

Barcrest

Actually you will need to make sure you are running the latest beta when reporting bugs. 10.2.0 Beta 01 is the latest. This is the build I will be using to try and replicate the bugs mentioned in this thred.

Some things I will not be doing,
No new features. (Unless someone would like to pay me to add something and then I am straight on that).
Dualscreen/Signle screen differences (Namely cross fading. It works in dual screen so is there as a solution. I don't have the time to port this over to the single screen code)
Changing the date format expected (A lot of time was spent on this and it is just much easier for your guys to set it to U.K. on your jukeboxes)

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Get the latest beta some of these are now fixed.

Just a note, the coming up next on second screen isn't a bug it was just never added.
Also the crossfade only works on dual screen as it was never coded for single screen.

Both of these I would consider additions, I would like to just focus on fixing up the bugs unless someone really want's something new adding then PM and we can maybe work something out.

Jukebox Stats...